Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
FWIW — my local Porsche rep told me that the USA market has already placed enough orders for sports cars (718 + 911) to fulfill HALF of their anticipated USA output. Meaning 2 weeks into 2022 and they’ve already pre-sold HALF their sports car inventory for the USA. This excluded SUVs/sedans. Crazy.

EDIT: I should point out that I mention this just to say that Volvo, who is equally a small mfg compared to Porsche’s total # of units — might also be fighting supply chain vs demand —

·
Registered
12 Posts
FWIW — my local Porsche rep told me that the USA market has already placed enough orders for sports cars (718 + 911) to fulfill HALF of their anticipated USA output. Meaning 2 weeks into 2022 and they’ve already pre-sold HALF their sports car inventory for the USA. This excluded SUVs/sedans. Crazy.

EDIT: I should point out that I mention this just to say that Volvo, who is equally a small mfg compared to Porsche’s total # of units — might also be fighting supply chain vs demand —
I believe it. Things are tight out there. I’m happy to wait patiently. If something more tempting comes up I can jump on it. Ie macan ev or gv70 electric or even xc60 recharge with bigger battery

·
Registered
209 Posts
A Volvo salesman over on Swedespeed said this:

So we are getting some models cut off for the year. Nothing too surprising at this point.

No more Polestar Engineered cars for any model.
No Recharge for S60, S90, C40, XC40

Any orders in the holding pool for those models will be deleted as well. Everything else, including the extended range recharge XC60 and XC90 show "Yes, while supplies last".

• Wow
Reactions: arijaycomet
21 - 23 of 23 Posts