Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
349 Posts
Volvo has entered into a partnership with Swedish battery maker Northvolt, working together to boost energy density by up to 50 percent over today's batteries and slash charging times in half by the mid-2020s.
So, don't buy a P8 today?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, don't buy a P8 today?
I guess if you can hold out from buying a new car for 4 years, but if you wait until then, you could wait for an even better car in 4 years too. Sometimes you just need to get a new car instead of always waiting for something better.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
349 Posts
I guess if you can hold out from buying a new car for 4 years, but if you wait until then, you could wait for an even better car in 4 years too. Sometimes you just need to get a new car instead of always waiting for something better.
It's a tough call because we're at an unprecedented point in the transition from ICE to electric personal transportation. The tech is evolving faster than ever. I don't think the automotive industry has ever faced the kind of steep, widespread depreciation like we're going to see over the next 3+ years. The only saving grace right now is in the form of federal and state rebates, which make somewhat more palatable the prospect of buying a car today that will be utterly eclipsed in the next build cycle.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
As well as the 7.5k federal bonus for buying a ev now there is an even better bonus. . . You get to own an ev now … I am loving my P8.

Not a remorse in sight. The thought of getting another ice car was just not something I could not do in the end. I did consider one and it was a leap to get the P8 but Since getting it my urge to have an ice is completely gone.

Will the 2024 or 2025 model be better. **** yes. But it’s 2021 and I am enjoying the **** out of it. Once you go ev and get over the fears it is really hard to go back.

Love switching my car on in the garage and not gassing myself :)

Of course if you are not ready to get one than don’t. I plan on getting a 2nd better ev in a few years but we wanted to to ev this year.

For those of you who have enjoy the swoosh (our equivalent of vroom as there is no vroom only a neck aching swoosh).

Reactions: improvius
1 - 6 of 6 Posts