Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
261 Posts
For me it's "sporadic and/or slow". It'll update but sometimes I need to leave it for a few minutes before it updates. Not very reassuring if you expect a live result. It wll typically get the latest SOC but maybe seconds to minutes after I open the app.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
219 Posts
I can lock and unlock my doors with the app, but I cannot see my battery %, nor can I control the climate. Do these features work for other XC40 Recharge owners?
My car had the same issue for a week. Then what fixed it was one of these things which I performed:
  • Reboot the infotainment: Press and hold the home button on the center display for 20 seconds.
  • Reboot the cellular modem: Press and hold the Defrost button for 20 seconds, or until the tiny 'LTE' symbol changes in the upper-left corner of the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
502 Posts
VOC is not ready for prime-time. It's still in limited release, "beta" level at best. Lock/unlock usually works for most people. Other features work infrequently & intermittently - better for some than others. I believe Volvo still has work to do - mobile app updates, car software updates, and back-end server infrastructure updates - before this will work widely & reliably.

Volvo's current "App Updates" note states this feature is officially still coming - in "mid-2021" for 2021 model cars:

Functions coming in mid-2021 for model year 2021 vehicles:
  • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
  • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
  • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
  • Management of personal settings for the app and account
  • Climate timers – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
  • Where is my car? – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
A glitch observed over the week-end. Had activated the climate through app --> "Start" but I didn't select "Stop", rather just entered the car. Although the AC "re-started" to current set temperature (vs. the default 72 degrees when pre-cool) I had no issue what-so-ever. Later on, I went out to run errands, and wanted to pre-cool the car before I got in.... but when pulling up the App, it was STILL indicating "Start" as if the AC was STILL on. I tried to "Stop" it but it wouldn't do it meaning I couldn't pre-cool the car even though physically, the AC is not on. That night, I was charging the car and when the SOC updated on the APP, that was when the pre-climate option was "re-set" again.
To BainBridgeIsland's point, VOC is technically not official on prime-time yet.
  • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
19 Posts
At one point I could lock and unlock doors, then another update and I lost everything on the app. The app keeps telling me to pair with the car and the car keeps telling me that it is paired. I have two recharges and I have no illusions that if I ever work this out I will ever be able to use the app for my wife’s car, or her’s for mine. At his point I’m guessing I can either reset everything and start over, or, take it to the dealer And see what they can do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts