Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all
I installed and got the app to unlock the doors and turn on the ac, I even got it to once display the charge status.
as the functions weren’t consistent I thought maybe I’ll uninstall the app and reinstall and try again. Now the app will not connect to the car. I get past the login and vin section, but now it say connect via the screen and it says it’s connected. But it isn’t as I can’t get past the pairing screen. Should I just unpair the phone from the car completely as in a new phone or does anyone have a solution to get the app paired to the recharge?
thank you all in advance

·
Registered
504 Posts
Evening all
I installed and got the app to unlock the doors and turn on the ac, I even got it to once display the charge status.
as the functions weren’t consistent I thought maybe I’ll uninstall the app and reinstall and try again. Now the app will not connect to the car. I get past the login and vin section, but now it say connect via the screen and it says it’s connected. But it isn’t as I can’t get past the pairing screen. Should I just unpair the phone from the car completely as in a new phone or does anyone have a solution to get the app paired to the recharge?
thank you all in advance
There are already a dozen or more threads here discussing this.
Sorry to say, the "solution" is just to wait until Volvo completes their system rollout - and keep trying. If you've successfully paired your phone app & are getting lock/unlock to work - then you've done all that you can do on your end. I had got nothing but lock/unlock for all of April/May/June - and for the last 2 weeks, everything suddenly started working every time I opened the app: charge state, plug status, etc. Nothing that I did on my end to make it work.

The only thing I could suggest is maybe park your car somewhere where there's a good, strong T-Mobile signal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are already a dozen or more threads here discussing this.
Sorry to say, the "solution" is just to wait until Volvo completes their system rollout - and keep trying. If you've successfully paired your phone app & are getting lock/unlock to work - then you've done all that you can do on your end. I had got nothing but lock/unlock for all of April/May/June - and for the last 2 weeks, everything suddenly started working every time I opened the app. Nothing that I did on my end.

The only thing I could suggest is maybe park your car somewhere where there's a good, strong T-Mobile signal.
My point was that it was partially working
Now I can’t repair my phone
That’s what I’m trying to do

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was in this same situation a few days ago. I solved it by doing a Factory Reset of the car. I had to reinstall a few apps and such, but it didn't take that long and then I was able to re-pair the Volvo Cars app with the car, and all is well now!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The lesson (which I learned the hard way) is that if you ever uninstall the Volvo Cars app, you must first un-pair the app with the car before uninstalling/reinstalling it on your phone.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My point was that it was partially working
Now I can’t repair my phone
That’s what I’m trying to do
This may help - found in several of the existing VOC threads. Needs to be a "sticky" somehow, not sure if this forum supports that:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was in this same situation a few days ago. I solved it by doing a Factory Reset of the car. I had to reinstall a few apps and such, but it didn't take that long and then I was able to re-pair the Volvo Cars app with the car, and all is well now!
Thank you how did you do a factory reset?
Please
Thank you

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
263 Posts
This may help - found in several of the existing VOC threads. Needs to be a "sticky" somehow, not sure if this forum supports that:
Where has this been hiding? This document is something Volvo should have on its support site and be directing customers to when getting complaints about pairing VC.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Where has this been hiding? This document is something Volvo should have on its support site and be directing customers to when getting complaints about pairing VC.
Someone had posted it here in another VOC thread, I saved a copy. Could a moderator (@Jezza ?) please re-post this document at the top of this forum as a "sticky note"? It will save at least a dozen new threads from being created on this topic. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts