Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VC dropped the latest version of the VC app. Nothing momentous or exciting about this version. Most visible change is an updated Volvo logo on the start splash screen.
Font Circle Fashion accessory Logo Brand

Otherwise, update has stability improvements.
Font Photo caption Darkness Brand Terrestrial plant

This is the second update in a week and the 4th in a month. Updates appear to be coming more frequently (now that the VC folks are back from vacation), but the improvements are mainly under the hood.

BTW, I'm running iOS 15.1 (public beta) on an iPhone XR without issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
New update works fine in iOS 15. However, I have all of the notifications on in the app (and in iOS) but I never get any app notifications. The app for the ICE Volvos always alerted me. Anyone have this issue as well?

·
Registered
99 Posts
New update works fine in iOS 15. However, I have all of the notifications on in the app (and in iOS) but I never get any app notifications. The app for the ICE Volvos always alerted me. Anyone have this issue as well?
I got a notification when the OTA update install completed. I've not had any events that would trigger another notification.

·
Registered
136 Posts
but I never get any app notifications.
I got the phone notification that the update was pending. But it's weird that when you tap on the "update available" notification, it takes you to the app but there is no mention within the app of the update. If I had missed the notification, I would have only known about it when I entered the car. Since the P8 is our secondary vehicle, it could of been a week before I noticed it on the car's screen.
The functionality of the app is ridiculously limited.

·
Registered
8 Posts
VC dropped the latest version of the VC app. Nothing momentous or exciting about this version. Most visible change is an updated Volvo logo on the start splash screen.
View attachment 1301
Otherwise, update has stability improvements.
View attachment 1302
This is the second update in a week and the 4th in a month. Updates appear to be coming more frequently (now that the VC folks are back from vacation), but the improvements are mainly under the hood.

BTW, I'm running iOS 15.1 (public beta) on an iPhone XR without issues.

Is this update for all models? I have an XC40. Is this an update to the app or the system in the car? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Still Internal Error 0. So no joy. And no OTA update. Why do I have to go to a dealer to fix software issues on a car with OTA capability? Or maybe my car has no OTA capability, as it was a demo from the first batch.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I am sure your car has ota. This is a closed push ota model not a pull model.

You are stuck waiting for your car to be part of the group receiving an ota. Maybe one day it will go to an open push model where everyone is eligible or at least a rapid closed model where they cycle through all the cars in a short period of time.

Is there something not working in your car that you need an update for ? And by this I mean other than voc which if I remember right you need to go in for as you have errors.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My car was also a demo, also had internal error 0. There is no other fix than going in. Someone on this forum said it had something to do with certs. I still find that the only time VOC sees my car is when I'm within bluetooth range, if I'm more than 20 ft away, no SOC, no unlock, no climate. Not sure if that's a universal problem or not.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
My car was also a demo, also had internal error 0. There is no other fix than going in. Someone on this forum said it had something to do with certs. I still find that the only time VOC sees my car is when I'm within bluetooth range, if I'm more than 20 ft away, no SOC, no unlock, no climate. Not sure if that's a universal problem or not.
Not universal. It works over the internet for me at least 95% of the time :)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I finally got VOC working the other day. I had tried twice since I bought the car with no luck. This time I reset data and started from scratch and boom done.
The reset does seem like it might be essential. It’s what pushed my car over the edge :)

Not that voc is that exciting once you get it but darn it is forbidden fruit when you don’t have it.

Reactions: rlboston
1 - 20 of 29 Posts