Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Early 2022 XC40 Recharge Twin
4 Posts
There are also changes under Notifications. They have removed most of the push notifications that never worked. I have a single push notification under security for ‘car unlocked’. There’s also a notification for Software updates, Product offers and Announcements categories, one alert for each

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,259 Posts
There are also changes under Notifications. They have removed most of the push notifications that never worked. I have a single push notification under security for ‘car unlocked’. There’s also a notification for Software updates, Product offers and Announcements categories, one alert for each
Ahh, so can you see the location of your car now on the app? Just wondering whether it works in AUS.

·
Registered
2023 XC40 B5 Ultimate Thunder Grey
25 Posts
Ahh, so can you see the location of your car now on the app? Just wondering whether it works in AUS.
Yes, can confirm it does.

I wonder why we don't get a lot of the features in the Australian version?

Also, in my app it doesn't display the right model and colour the car in the top down view. It seems the older cars do, but not the 2023 models. Small and inconsequential thing, but an odd one.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

Also, in my app it doesn't display the right model and colour the car in the top down view. It seems the older cars do, but not the 2023 models. Small and inconsequential thing, but an odd one.
Hmm, it should show the correct colour. It could be a configuration error on Volvo's side, or an issue with the app data. When the app doesn't have the correct image for the car, it displays a generic silver car that I believe is an XC60 with the charge port shown on the RH rear...we've had it happen a couple times usually after the app updates or something goes haywire (for lack of a better term). In past it usually comes good, or on the Android phone you can clear the app's cache, which then seems to cause the app to ask the Volvo server for new data, then the correct car image appears eventually. Not sure how you clear app cache in iOS. Also, I'm not sure what all features we don't get. It does seem like we don't get many or any notifications (we have seen software update notification but that's it)...and the "find a charger" on the app isn't enabled here, but not sure if there's anything else we miss out on? Are you aware of anything else?

·
Registered
Early 2022 XC40 Recharge Twin
4 Posts

I have an early 22 model, delivered September 2021 which appears correctly in the app, including colour.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm, it should show the correct colour. It could be a configuration error on Volvo's side, or an issue with the app data. When the app doesn't have the correct image for the car, it displays a generic silver car that I believe is an XC60 with the charge port shown on the RH rear...we've had it happen a couple times usually after the app updates or something goes haywire (for lack of a better term). In past it usually comes good, or on the Android phone you can clear the app's cache, which then seems to cause the app to ask the Volvo server for new data, then the correct car image appears eventually. Not sure how you clear app cache in iOS. Also, I'm not sure what all features we don't get. It does seem like we don't get many or any notifications (we have seen software update notification but that's it)...and the "find a charger" on the app isn't enabled here, but not sure if there's anything else we miss out on? Are you aware of anything else?
I cleared the cache of my app and it still shows the silver xc60. Always has from the first day.

One thing I'm aware we don't get in Australia is the vehicle tab. With maintenance info, driving journal, stats including fuel consumption. Plus the ability to flash the lights, enter a destination to the map, or see the fuel status/range. We also don't get the manual.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I cleared the cache of my app and it still shows the silver xc60. Always has from the first day.

One thing I'm aware we don't get in Australia is the vehicle tab. With maintenance info, driving journal, stats including fuel consumption. Plus the ability to flash the lights, enter a destination to the map, or see the fuel status/range. We also don't get the manual.
Yeah, OK all that stuff was only available on the Sensus cars, never on the AAOS cars...but yeah, I don't think the Sensus cars in AUS had the app...I believe it started with the EVs and the AAOS cars in 2022-23. Not 100% sure though as we have the EV and the app is pretty similar to overseas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still running on 5.20.0 on my iPhone. Having just looked on Appstore it still only suggests opening the version I have and does not have a newer version available. My car has 2,3 installed. Could it be that the versions are available at different times depending on location? I'm in Finland ... and I don't se a map and the car shown on the screen does not match (color etc.) my XC40!

·
Registered
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate Silver Dawn Metallic
17 Posts
I'm still running on 5.20.0 on my iPhone. Having just looked on Appstore it still only suggests opening the version I have and does not have a newer version available. My car has 2,3 installed. Could it be that the versions are available at different times depending on location? I'm in Finland ... and I don't se a map and the car shown on the screen does not match (color etc.) my XC40!
I'm also in Finland and using an Android phone. I don't have the 50.20.1 available yet. But also with the previous app update, it took a few days to become available. I am on 2.4

·
Registered
117 Posts
Updated it a few hours ago in Sweden. Also have wrong color and model car in app, this release doesn't fix this. I got the map now though 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the map but my23 xc40 RHD recharge still shows as a silver xc60 LHD.

I chatted with Volvo some few weeks ago about the problem and they acknowledge it was from their side and will be fixed in future releases
Good to know. Its not a big deal, but one of those 'delight' features that add to the experience.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow a map! Glad my phone now has a map.

Seriously, why the excitement? This is what they’ve done to make the app better? In the old Sensus version you could see a log of your trips. That was informative. But a map? How does that improve the Volvo app? Clearly I’m missing something.

Maybe they will add a calculator next!

(Sorry for the snark - it’s just that the app is so weak and adding a map doesn’t advance it.)

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

Seriously, why the excitement? This is what they’ve done to make the app better? In the old Sensus version you could see a log of your trips. That was informative. But a map? How does that improve the Volvo app? Clearly I’m missing something.

(Sorry for the snark - it’s just that the app is so weak and adding a map doesn’t advance it.)
Something folks have wanted for a long time.

I guess it’s a matter of perspective one can either enjoy the positives or focus on the negatives.

Knowing where you parked your car or where the car has gone since you parked it seems to be a positive to me. . . But maybe this becomes more positive as one fails and getting younger :)

And yes it shows up for me :)

Anyone know if someone could block this feature from within the car? Does it matter which profile drove the car last vs the profile of the phones user?

I am oddly pleased by knowing where my car is …

·
Registered
Red 2022 Late XC40, Yellow 2017 BRZ
1,081 Posts

If it's a map that shows me where the car is, that's pretty cool. I'm not the only one who drives it.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts