Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 T5 R-Design
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to @BainbridgeIsland for submitting this doc which I am sharing at his request for forum members’ individual personal reference only. Volvo Cars has not approved its use by consumers, and neither I nor this forum accept responsibility for its content.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice documentation, Thanks for posting. Another trouble shooting item-When I was setting up a new profile over the weekend, connecting to Google for the new profile's account was failing with a could not reach Google servers error. Restarting the display and rebooting the modem did not clear the error. I ended up creating a new profile, skipping the Volvo sign in that is initially presented, then doing the Google sign in. Once I was able to sign in to Google with that account, I went back and signed into Volvo via the profile's accounts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks to @BainbridgeIsland for submitting this doc which I am sharing at his request for forum members’ individual personal reference only. Volvo Cars has not approved its use by consumers, and neither I nor this forum accept responsibility for its content.
Very much appreciated… content like this adds lots of value as we are learning to work through the new tech interface. Many thanks.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Is this a will work guide or a often works guide?
Wondering if it time to try voc again.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Perhaps it is worth trying again :) i have to unpair the voc from my phone first alas I deleted the phone app in an attempt to unpair.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
And the guide has my situation covered.

as soon as I can leave the house without panicking I will have fun with the document.

What is this sensation? Hope that voc will work!!!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
So went to car. I am in the deleted and reinstalled the Volvo app group without unpairing. The guide has a solution for this.

step 2 of that section days to go to
Settings>profiles
Step 3 says scroll down to the bottom and select delete this profile.

this option does not exist.

this account is the only one and is admin.

I have all 3 key phobs on me

Any suggestions or is it back to waiting for the official this is meant to work release from Volvo ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
So went to car. I am in the deleted and reinstalled the Volvo app group without unpairing. The guide has a solution for this.

Settings>profiles

View attachment 1129

Any suggestions or is it back to waiting for the official this is meant to work release from Volvo ?
I suggest adding another profile and make it the admin and then go back to the original and it will offer the option to delete it.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I suggest adding another profile and make it the admin and then go back to the original and it will offer the option to delete it.
Create a fake google account so I can add another profile? I assume it cannot be done with my one google account.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
There was not an option to add an account so in went ahead and did a factory reset and then paired.

Time after pairing
0 mins only the paint color Ans make was there
3 mins exited car and walked away. At this point I could unlock it. No charge status.
10 mins in car still nothing more
11 mins while walking away I thought I would check it again and voila it is all working

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

Settings>profiles

View attachment 1129

I spent over an hour with Volvo support trying to get my car to pair Volvo Cars. Tried everything they ran out of ideas. Same thing, they told me to delete my profile, but no option to do it. Really getting frustrated about this. Granted the app does not do much, now it is more the challenge. Volvo escalated my issue to some mobile team and says I should hear from then in a day or 2.

I was talking to the person in support and seems VOC is driving them nuts. Told her I felt bad as with the 22 XC60 going AAOS they will be drowning in VOC issues.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Voc is also not meant to be working. Hopefully soon they will actually release the final/full release version.

For now it works for some but not others.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Voc is also not meant to be working. Hopefully soon they will actually release the final/full release version.

For now it works for some but not others.
The problem is no one at Volvo knows that, they believe it should be working. Also the Android app no longer says will not work on Recharge.

one trick I did not notice that they mentioned is when you go to login the app, it defaults to Europe, but picking North America did not fix it.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Volvo dealers not knowing is a problem.

After all my just wait for it to work advice I did try the guide last night and with a factory reset I Got
It working. That said it does feel like a very minimal app which makes me think why did I want it so much.

the good
1. You can unlock doors which is good as you can easily lock your keys in the p8
2. I can check how much charge the car has. Handy but my memory already has that covered.
3. For extreme conditions you can start the ac. It is fixed to 72 (if anyone knows how to change this I would love to know how to)

things I wish it could do
1. Give me access to the cameras (why? Because :) )
2. An interface to getting more data on what has been going on with the car. We send alot of data to Volvo I would love to have access to this and voc seems like. Good interface.
3. Where is my car ( i thought this was a feature that came with it)

Collectively how much time have we all spent trying to get this beta software to work!!

Sorry it’s not working for you.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this guide. The dealership told me I would have to wait until an app refresh before it would start working and Volvo support for the app was not able to help.

With this guide and advice from the post I was able to get the app working and I can now start climate control, lock/unlock the doors, check the charge state. I’m very glad for the climate control thing as winter is coming.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.