Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
No idea if if some improvements were made or what but my VOC (or VC) seems to be a lot more responsive these days. I launch it and within about 15 seconds I almost always get SOC, lock, charge status, climate views that are accurate.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looks like these updates benefit non-P8 more so in terms of additional functions and range activities. However, I still hope it continues to be more stable and fix bugs on the back end.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks like these updates benefit non-P8 more so in terms of additional functions and range activities. However, I still hope it continues to be more stable and fix bugs on the back end.
My guess is the P8 is not the high priority sinc VOC is used by all their cars.

·
Registered
168 Posts
VOC for Android is currently available on the Play store for download, version 5.2.1

It downloads and does install.

The update is supposedly for improved function with hybrids cars. No changes are functional improvement is perceived for the Recharge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No idea if if some improvements were made or what but my VOC (or VC) seems to be a lot more responsive these days. I launch it and within about 15 seconds I almost always get SOC, lock, charge status, climate views that are accurate.
Definitely a big improvement for me. The lock/unlock feature took forever to work on the old system and now its pretty fast. Also far more aesthetically pleasing, though I wish they had the option to customize the color of the car to match my own 😉

·
Registered
609 Posts
Definitely a big improvement for me. The lock/unlock feature took forever to work on the old system and now its pretty fast. Also far more aesthetically pleasing, though I wish they had the option to customize the color of the car to match my own 😉
So far for those whos gotten it to work, it DOES matches the color of your car - pretty neat !
This is totally pushing it, but I wish we could choose what temperature to Precool/Preheat at

·
Registered
7 Posts
So far for those whos gotten it to work, it DOES matches the color of your car - pretty neat !
This is totally pushing it, but I wish we could choose what temperature to Precool/Preheat at

Oh man I'm envious. I have crystal white and it just shows up as a dark silver in the app.
I would love to have more control over the cabin temp (like for dogs in the car while you quickly pop in somewhere without them)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh man I'm envious. I have crystal white and it just shows up as a dark silver in the app.
I would love to have more control over the cabin temp (like for dogs in the car while you quickly pop in somewhere without them)
YES -- Like TSLA's "Doggy Mode" -- Best accessory splurged on was the back safety grill to keep the fury baby in the back without climbing through like before. Especially yesterday when i got pulled over for speeding (DARN) and the Cop was totally freaked out he dared not come close to the window - had to assure him my lovely fury baby wasn't going anywhere, he's parked in the trunk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Especially yesterday when i got pulled over for speeding (DARN) and the Cop was totally freaked out he dared not come close to the window - had to assure him my lovely fury baby wasn't going anywhere, he's parked in the trunk
I wonder if your pooch affected his intent to ticket vs warn? :cautious:

We have three; the smallest is the boldest, and he's happy to interact with anyone that we interact with first, but wow, he's a little intense before that point.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I wonder if your pooch affected his intent to ticket vs warn? :cautious:

We have three; the smallest is the boldest, and he's happy to interact with anyone that we interact with first, but wow, he's a little intense before that point.
You know typically they try to have those generic conversations like "....do you know you were speeding/how fast you were going...." ".....what was the rush...." etc. He was more worried the juvenile yellow lab would jump out of the Car, so he literally just scanned everything quickly, went back and came back with the Ticket - and he was GONE !

·
Registered
255 Posts
You know typically they try to have those generic conversations like "....do you know you were speeding/how fast you were going...." ".....what was the rush...." etc. He was more worried the juvenile yellow lab would jump out of the Car, so he literally just scanned everything quickly, went back and came back with the Ticket - and he was GONE !
Ugh... sorry! I'm happy to say I'm at least 12 years distant from my last ticket, which in itself was inane -- on a motorcycle, 60 in a 55 zone, miles out in the country on a 2-lane, no traffic around. I have no idea where he came from, I think he must have been hiding behind something. I'd think he was bored or doing ticket quotas or something. Water under the bridge though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts