Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
118 Posts
Try signing out or the app and then back in and see if it changes.
Yeah, done that a million times...no change. It’s just odd. Maybe I should clear the app cache...maybe it downloaded the car image corruptly somehow and now keeps referring to the corrupt image? Hmm...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lucky yours seems to be working correctly with SOC and the lightning bolt. I see yours has the bluetooth symbol next to it - was that while you were connected/paired with the car (ie inside the car and connected to the car via bluetooth?)
Nope - car is in the garage and has not been driven for a few days. I was in the house (family room) opened the app on the phone and it took maybe 10 seconds and Bluetooth connected. Now the great is attached to the house and the family room is behind the garage about 25 ft away thru 2 walls.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nope - car is in the garage and has not been driven for a few days. I was in the house (family room) opened the app on the phone and it took maybe 10 seconds and Bluetooth connected. Now the great is attached to the house and the family room is behind the garage about 25 ft away thru 2 walls.
Guess it’s a pretty strong Bluetooth connection then! My partner’s phone app is kinda working. SOC shown at top and he has the lightning bolt. He touched on lightning bolt and there was a flicker at the top under the %charge showing range with a battery and a fuel pump...almost like for the plug-in hybrid? It instantly disappeared though...very strange!

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Greg S, whenever I'm near enough, the app will connect through Bluetooth, which is fine by me since it seems to be a much more reliable connection.

Also, FWIW, my car is black.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
@Greg S, whenever I'm near enough, the app will connect through Bluetooth, which is fine by me since it seems to be a much more reliable connection.

Also, FWIW, my car is black.
For some wifi is completely stable … sometimes I am in that group :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine is broken again. Shows SOC but doesn't know if it's locked. I really wish they would just tell us when it will work.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Mine is broken again. Shows SOC but doesn't know if it's locked. I really wish they would just tell us when it will work.
That would be nice. I bet they wish they knew when it would work properly for everyone.

Ooh mine still works. Now where is the remote driving option!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just tested app again this morning and SOC is now back. Literally as I was replying to Volvo twitter with my contact info after complaining about it. Sigh.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
35 Posts
Rebooted phone in case that made a difference.

No charge information at the moment. Is anyone getting a charge status today or is it down for everyone?
Mine is worse, nothing at all. Just the grayed out top view of the XC40. It's been a week now. Most likely IT/engineers are working on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
98% of the time the Volvo app shows "unknown" battery charge status. Now the battery icon is missing from my app completely. The app hasn't been updated for 2-3 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?
Actually. If you press the lightening icon. The battery percentage is there. They moved it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Actually. If you press the lightening icon. The battery percentage is there. They moved it.
It is in both places for me. Back where it used to be and at the lightning place.

Really though we are discussing a software app that is under development with back end changes probably happening without us knowing. So bugs will come and go without us knowing why.

Software tester life on the road :)

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep both places for me too (when it works - right now at the top left it says - - % and when I click on the lightning bolt icon it says “Status unknown” and below the large battery icon - - %)

81 - 95 of 95 Posts