Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I wonder if everyone is on the same version of the software. If everyone is then it’s probably just another voc bug be it on the front end or back end.

·
Registered
428 Posts
2 google accounts?
I don't think Google Accounts are relevant to the VC app-pairing process at all - just Volvo Accounts? Perhaps you really meant "2 different email addresses" used for 2 different Volvo Account IDs? If so, not required - you can re-use the same Volvo Account ID with multiple Driver Profiles, and therefore with multiple phones running the VC app.

The key to using the VC app on multiple phones is that each phone must have its own Driver Profile. One phone per Profile, one Profile per Phone. The first phone must be paired using the Owner (first) Profile and using all of your key fobs. The second & subsequent phones must each use a different Driver Profile, but can be paired using only a single key fob (presumably the fob associated with that Driver Profile).

I've set this up successfully on both my phone and my wife's phone. I use the Owner Profile, and she has her own Profile. Her VC app is paired with her Profile and her key fob. But I used the same Volvo Account ID on both phones (my account).

My car is still on the "August" OTA update (now known as ver 1.5?). We have the latest VC app updates on our iPhones. On both phones, the app no longer shows the SOC on the home page, but tapping the lightning bolt icon shows the SOC on both phones. Note that it took several minutes for the lightning bolt icon to appear on her phone, after signing in to the app. Possibly had to wait for the car data to be updated before the icon appeared.

·
Registered
428 Posts
One thing I've noticed about the VC app in the Apple App Store - it doesn't always notify you when there's an update! In the App Store app - you may have to Search for the Volvo Cars app, and see if it shows a manual UPDATE button.

I'm not sure why VC app doesn't trigger an automatic app-update notification on iOS. Makes it harder to be sure you're on the latest version.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
One thing I've noticed about the VC app in the Apple App Store - it doesn't always notify you when there's an update! In the App Store app - you may have to Search for the Volvo Cars app, and see if it shows a manual UPDATE button.

I'm not sure why VC app doesn't trigger an automatic app-update notification on iOS. Makes it harder to be sure you're on the latest version.
Odd. It does trigger the update notification on my iPhone. Yet more inconsistent behaviors in life.

I will try and make a second profile again. I did not realize I could use any email address vs a google email. Thanks that should help.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
228 Posts

I've noticed the same behavior. While the search results screen will say OPEN the actual app listing will show UPDATE. I now check the App Store once or twice a week.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
51 Posts
Yes! It's back. It all seems faster as well, for now.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
118 Posts
OK so nobody has guessed it yet - looking at the app, on my car the rear roof spoiler is red in the app photo, but on all our cars that is actually black like the roof...I’d rather be able to see SOC and not worry about the roof
I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning:
View attachment 1419

Hopefully, it'll stay up.
I see yours has the Bluetooth symbol next to 2020 XC40...does that mean you were in your car and phone was connected via Bluetooth at the time?

·
Registered
83 Posts
OK so nobody has guessed it yet - looking at the app, on my car the rear roof spoiler is red in the app photo, but on all our cars that is actually black like the roof...I’d rather be able to see SOC and not worry about the roof

I see yours has the Bluetooth symbol next to 2020 XC40...does that mean you were in your car and phone was connected via Bluetooth at the time?
There is an option for a body colored spoiler though so it could be correct for some people haha. The car view in the car doesn't even show the black roof. Just the black sunroof. I'm fine with these "issues" if they stop messing with the app.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is an option for a body colored spoiler though so it could be correct for some people haha. The car view in the car doesn't even show the black roof. Just the black sunroof. I'm fine with these "issues" if they stop messing with the app.
Yep agreed! Would be nice if the car view in the car showed the correct colour car...I think it does in the Tesla. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh wait the color isn't even right? I just assumed it was because mine is silver haha
Correct - in the car screens, the colour is white or silver appearing in all cars regardless of what colour you car is. It only has the correct (or almost correct in my case) colour in the phone app. Curious if anyone else with a Fusion Red car has a full black roof showing in their phone app, or whether everyone's Fusion Red car is shown with a red tailgate spoiler in the phone app...what say you all?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Correct - in the car screens, the colour is white or silver appearing in all cars regardless of what colour you car is. It only has the correct (or almost correct in my case) colour in the phone app. Curious if anyone else with a Fusion Red car has a full black roof showing in their phone app, or whether everyone's Fusion Red car is shown with a red tailgate spoiler in the phone app...what say you all?
Full black

61 - 80 of 95 Posts