41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Reactions: brew

·
Registered
126 Posts
The severs are down like every other day lol. It's really pathetic. What use is an app that works 50% of the time at best? Pair that with useless customer service agents that just tell you what you want to hear and it makes me furious.
Our other EV, a SMART EQ originally had a fully functioning (and decently feature-rich) app that worked well without any updates happening.
Then, all of a sudden last year, Mercedes-Benz withdrew all support for the app, while promising to continue support of the cars in North America. Currently, there is no app for our car here even though the app is available to customers in other overseas markets. The app was supposed to be available free for the entire warranty period, which is another 3 years remaining on our car.
The car is working fine without any app - I hope the P8 continues to work without requiring the app, but it would be nice to have it working properly by now as promised by Volvo.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Confirmed here that the SOC% has been moved off the front page, but is still on the lightning bolt page -- odd. Why not have both like we used to? Nice having the color though.
At the risk of steering this thread back to its original topic - and away from dog ramps - I can only make guesses why they would hide the SOC from the app home page:

1) to make it on-demand only; perhaps having it displayed (and constantly refreshing) on the main page was killing their servers/bandwidth, or maybe impacting the car's LTE performance.

2) or another attempt to relieve owners' "Range Anxiety" - eg, make it harder for us to see anything that might cause us stress, same reason they don't show Miles to Empty on the dashboard (until it's almost too late).

3) or (most likely) it's just a software bug.

·
Registered
102 Posts
At the risk of steering this thread back to its original topic - and away from dog ramps - I can only make guesses why they would hide the SOC from the app home page:

1) to make it on-demand only; perhaps having it displayed (and constantly refreshing) on the main page was killing their servers/bandwidth, or maybe impacting the car's LTE performance.

2) or another attempt to relieve owners' "Range Anxiety" - eg, make it harder for us to see anything that might cause us stress, same reason they don't show Miles to Empty on the dashboard (until it's almost too late).

I think range anxiety can be treated by a professional.
With the new update 1.7 if you wish you can display your range all the time on the center screen.
You can ask anytime Google, what is my range?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
143 Posts

My Screen hasn't changed at all and I am on update 1.7
Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Font Liquid Rectangle

·
Registered
37 Posts
SOC updates on the Home Screen seemed slow to refresh, when it was still displayed. Not sure if that may have been a factor.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
156 Posts
I don't have 1.7 yet and my battery SOC has been missing for a few days. Not even the lightning bolt on my android app while charging:

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Vehicle Bag Hood Luggage and bags
Camera accessory Font Bag Rectangle Gadget

• Wow
Reactions: arijaycomet

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
118 Posts
What's wrong with this picture? Hint: it's not the lack of state of charge... it's a trick question!
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Rectangle Camera accessory

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Does not say 2021 xc40

Means it failed to the next fail level. At least it shows your car color … or does it

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, on my partner's phone it does say 2022 XC40...maybe mine says My Volvo because I'm the owner profile? You're onto something with the colour though...

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Wait you for 2 apps to talk to your car?

How did you do that?

·
Registered
118 Posts
We each created a profile in the car (I'm the owner profile) and each paired our phone to the car in our profile and signed in on the app...

·
Registered
118 Posts
2 google accounts?
Yes we each have a separate Google account. I had all 3 keys in car when setting up as owner, then we paired a specific key to my profile and a different key to my partner's profile...and we each have a separate Volvo ID for the app. I think we created the Volvo IDs through the Volvo cars website before we got the.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Gotcha. Was hoping there was another way.

I really do not get why I cannot pair all my devices with the car with the same google account.

For that matter I should be able to synchronize spouses devices to the car with my google …

Oh well at least my voc is working. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gotcha. Was hoping there was another way.

I really do not get why I cannot pair all my devices with the car with the same google account.

For that matter I should be able to synchronize spouses devices to the car with my google …

Oh well at least my voc is working. :)
Yeah, OK...I just assumed everyone has their own Google account and device so it wouldn’t be a problem in that case...but if not, then yes, it may be a problem.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I did that and still nothing changed.
Wonder why different people would be seeing different things on the App - Our SOC disappeared on the front screen of the app but we still have the lightning bolt by the rear door of the car and when I open that tab on the next page it shows a battery with the current state of Charge as a percent. Others like yourself have seen both disappear from the front page and then have no info anywhere on the App on the state of Charge. I do not have the update of 1.7 but have all updates installed that were prior to that one - maybe it has to do with the latest update? Or we are going thru different servers and some have been changed by Volvo and others not - not a software guy so do not know how that would work.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts