Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge P8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98% of the time the Volvo app shows "unknown" battery charge status. Now the battery icon is missing from my app completely. The app hasn't been updated for 2-3 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have not seen this occur — but have had the issue where the status is wrong, or takes a while to update. Seems like the time (latency) to reach the cloud, then reach the car, then back to cloud, then back to phone — it isn’t super quick. Neither have my BMW/Mini EVs been, either, to be honest. Nothing comes close to Tesla in that regard.

Based on what others have written, it seems they are working on this and as the car (and app) continue to get updates, it should improve over time.

·
Registered
XC40 P8 Recharge 2021
16 Posts
98% of the time the Volvo app shows "unknown" battery charge status. Now the battery icon is missing from my app completely. The app hasn't been updated for 2-3 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, this has happened today. Battery icon and lighting bolt both gone.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mine has been missing the charging icon for two days. I've been waiting patiently for it to return.

I was considering clearing my cache and resyncing the car... but since others are having this issue, I'll sit tight.

Two memory cards walk into a bar. When the cards sees the prices of the drinks, the SD card walks out. The SD cards companion asks why they were leaving.

"The prices are too high. I don't have enough cache!"

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I was sure it showed me the battery percentage as usual 2 nights ago. Went to check it just now and it’s gone … does not have the —% it used to have when it occasionally failed but just nothing …

I am surprised. It had been working perfectly. Going to try an experiment.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Rebooted phone in case that made a difference.

No charge information at the moment. Is anyone getting a charge status today or is it down for everyone?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
Ugh, I just checked too. It's gone, and I find that rather irritating. :-/

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hopefully it is a temporary failure … and yes very irritating. This was the feature I mainly used it for.

·
Registered
170 Posts
check the CHARGE MENU (click the lighting bolt)—

1- just opened app, and I saw the SOC% showing up but then poof, disappears
2- opened charge menu (lightning bolt) and voila, it Shows up there still…

Image uploading. Refresh page to view
Rectangle Font Logo Electric blue Brand

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
check the CHARGE MENU (click the lighting bolt)—

1- just opened app, and I saw the SOC% showing up but then poof, disappears
2- opened charge menu (lightning bolt) and voila, it Shows up there still…

View attachment 1398 View attachment 1399
Nice find.

So yay it still works but why on earth burry such a useful item behind a key press … maybe because they were having up date issues when it was charging so it updates when you press a button causing a refresh … still not ideal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It sure seems like they are actively working on the backend. I just got an unlock notification a few minutes ago and I know it’s locked in the garage. I am also now missing the charge tab.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
It sure seems like they are actively working on the backend. I just got an unlock notification a few minutes ago and I know it’s locked in the garage. I am also now missing the charge tab.
Have you checked it did not send an unlock?
Always been curious if it would ever error and unlock the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The mirrors are still folded. If I get the notification again I will move all keys and phones far away and then check the doors. 🤣

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If it’s not far to the garage it would be an interesting experiment to go key less and phone-less just to make sure it did not unlock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It’s definitely locked. Some time had passed, though, so I will try to check it right away if I get another unlock notification.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
It’s definitely locked. Some time had passed, though, so I will try to check it right away if I get another unlock notification.
If your really lucky maybe you will catch your car talking to another car :). At least it cannot drive itself :)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts