Volvo XC40 Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone!

I placed my order on 11/19 design submitted on 11/21 and order confirmed 11/26. I spoke with my concierge about a week ago confirming an early-mid Jan production and the first week of March for delivery.
I went with thunder gray on fjord.
This is an excellent build, I seen the video of one and maybe the best color choice available.

Congratulations! Wish you feast delivered!

·
Registered
22’ C40 Thunder Gray on Fjord
17 Posts
This is an excellent build, I seen the video of one and maybe the best color choice available.

Congratulations! Wish you feast delivered!
Thanks!
I was torn between thunder gray and fusion red but once I started seeing pics/videos I knew I made the right decisions. I can’t wait!

·
Registered
17 Posts
A bit of info I found out about the tow hitch. It is an Volvo accessory and can be dealer added. Here’s a photo of a c40 at an Ohio dealership with the hitch I came across
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow that is crazy that Leikin Volvo near me already has/had a C40. I may have to go check it out! They had told me they would only get one “before end of year” if someone ordered one, which I did but mine is slated for February. It seems most dealers are getting 1x demo then prior? Thx for sharing.

@Cire22 how/where did you find this car? I looked at Leikin’s own web site and the car doesn’t even show up. It’s not on AutoTrader site either. How did you located these photos? I’m curious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow that is crazy that Leikin Volvo near me already has/had a C40. I may have to go check it out! They had told me they would only get one “before end of year” if someone ordered one, which I did but mine is slated for February. It seems most dealers are getting 1x demo then prior? Thx for sharing.

@Cire22 how/where did you find this car? I looked at Leikin’s own web site and the car doesn’t even show up. It’s not on AutoTrader site either. How did you located these photos? I’m curious.
I found it on Autotrader. I just doubled checked and it’s still showing up for me. It shows there’s 16 C40s sprinkled from Tx, Fl, Ga, NY and even Washington state. This is the only one that has a photo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found it on Autotrader. I just doubled checked and it’s still showing up for me. It shows there’s 16 C40s sprinkled from Tx, Fl, Ga, NY and even Washington state. This is the only one that has a photo.
I found out about the hitch from my dealer/sales person then came across the photos that backed their info about it being a Volvo accessory. Just to clarify

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like my C40 is built and awaiting a ship, I have a VIN!!
Did you email Volvo about the status of your car to get the VIN or did the VIN show up on the tracking page?

Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Email as web site still says Preparing for Production. They really need to fix their online site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I emailed Volvo customer care to inquire and they said that our car has finished production and is being sent to port for shipment to the US. Estimated delivery is early to mid-March. I didn't get a VIN though. So I guess production was basically on time, and now it's up to the ocean transit. I have first hand experience with ocean transit and it has been insanely long in the past year, so if it hits the mid-March delivery date I'd consider it pretty good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Making progress. Email communication from Volvo Customer Care states my C40 is built. (VIN provided.) In port awaiting shipment to the east coast of US. ETA late February. Looking good so far!
(C40 Blue/Blue, order confirmed 11/10/21.)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Making progress. Email communication from Volvo Customer Care states my C40 is built. (VIN provided.) In port awaiting shipment to the east coast of US. ETA late February. Looking good so far!
Probably parked next to mine waiting on the boat. 😁

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lucky bastage!! Can't wait till you get it and post ur thoughts and lots of pics.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts