Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
In my last chat with Volvo rep (not dealer -- corporate Volvo), today, was that my C40 was going into prod this week with delivery in Mid-Jan/Early-Feb.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
In my last chat with Volvo rep (not dealer -- corporate Volvo), today, was that my C40 was going into prod this week with delivery in Mid-Jan/Early-Feb.
That is when mine was due until they screwed up the color. I am jealous. Can't wait to see the first owners posting pics especially in Fjord Blue

Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am wondering if any US bound C40s are being built in December as originally stated. I think many of us were pushed into January as I believe the Ghent plant was going to be closed in early December and then I think they are normally closed for the holiday. Does not seem like many C40 were ordered since people that ordered months ago and those of us recent orders are being told January builds.
I think there was more demand than they anticipated for the C40 (in Europe) so they are fulfilling those orders first... I don't think any of us here in the states will see ours before March, but what do i know! I hope there are some deliveries before mine arrives so I can get all excited again.. Right now, I'm trying not to think about it too much! ha

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Volvo again confirmed my car today, Fjord Blue on Charcoal an target build early January with estimated delivery late February or early March.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Volvo again confirmed my car today, Fjord Blue on Charcoal an target build early January with estimated delivery late February or early March.
Curious!
We you obtained the target build and delivery date, did you call the number listed below or did you email the address listed below?
Volvo Consumer Relations: 1-800-550-5658
or email us [email protected]

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been doing it via email so I have an audit trail.
Excellent. Thank you.
Some manufacturers will assign a VIN number once the build is scheduled. Have you determined if a VIN has been assigned and available to you?

Reactions: Jrainlay

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Excellent. Thank you.
Some manufacturers will assign a VIN number once the build is scheduled. Have you determined if a VIN has been assigned and available to you?
Mine is not due to be built until early January, so do not know yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine starts production this week according to Volvo rep. I don't have a VIN on my order tracking page yet, and he didn't mention one in our last correspondence. I'll post if anything changes next week when my car is supposedly being built

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Mine starts production this week according to Volvo rep. I don't have a VIN on my order tracking page yet, and he didn't mention one in our last correspondence. I'll post if anything changes next week when my car is supposedly being built
Sure keep rubbing it in, I was originally set for this week until they botched the order. 😁 😁

Good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Today I decided it was time to contact [email protected] and determine the status of my C40. I placed my order on November 8 and it was confirmed on November 10. Previously, I was using a contact who was non-specific. I received the following within 3 hours which is consistent with others. Hopefully, the plan stays on schedule, and we see pictures of happy owners in 2/3 months.

Jeffrey
12/17/2021 02:14 PM
Hi,
I show that your C40 Recharge will be going into production in mid-January and is anticipated to be delivered around late February or early March. We will follow up with you should we receive any further updates. Have a good day!
Med vänliga hälsningar!
Yours Sincerely,
Jeff
Volvo Customer Care
201-735-8203

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just emailed the person that provided me updates before to get an update on timing. Depending how my XC40 repairs go, I may be looking to swap to the c40 from the XC40 I just got or canceling my c40 order.

Edit: Still no solid updates and they still show January build and mid-March delivery. They said I have all the way up through it getting delivered to the dealer to get my deposit back. That will give me plenty of time to see what’s going on with my XC40.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was just given my VIN! C40 is sitting at the port waiting to be loaded and shipped. Delivery updated to mid-to-late January! Woo!!
So happy for you!!!! Can't wait to see pics when it arrives!

·
Registered
451 Posts
From Volvo just moments ago:
It is still scheduled to go into production in early January, with delivery being estimated to be in February.

Note that my 2nd C40 order (first one was cancelled) was placed NOV-27-2021 .... so kind of "late" in the game I guess? Anyhow just wanted to share that I reached out. I also changed which dealer, since we've been REALLY happy with the service at a closer dealer so we're moving our loyalty there. Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got an update from Volvo customer support that my vehicle is on a ship that left Belgium a few days back. Estimate is early to mid February delivery. I’m on the west coast though (WA state), so I’m guessing the ship gets to the east coast in a few weeks, then another week or two on trucks across the country.

My order was placed in mid July for reference. Sage green.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did they tell you what ship? It’s probably going thru The Canal and then into a west coast port

·
Registered
22’ C40 Thunder Gray on Fjord
17 Posts
Hi everyone!

I placed my order on 11/19 design submitted on 11/21 and order confirmed 11/26. I spoke with my concierge about a week ago confirming an early-mid Jan production and the first week of March for delivery.
I went with thunder gray on fjord.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts