Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I bet this is why (Some or all) December builds are pushed to January.

• Wow
Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I loved our twin bursting blue XC40s, but now that I have a Fusion Red it looks really good. It is getting ceramic coating today, was tinted 2 days ago. Will tyr and get good pics Saturday. The Bursting Blue and Fusion Red side by side is an amazing color combination.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just heard back from Volvo. I pre-ordered on June 3. My car is now expected to be at my dealership between 3/24 and 4/21, so apparently the delays are real and/or they are fulfilling more European orders than they expected. In any event, I'll be happy when it arrives.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just heard back from Volvo. I pre-ordered on June 3. My car is now expected to be at my dealership between 3/24 and 4/21, so apparently the delays are real and/or they are fulfilling more European orders than they expected. In an event, I'll be happy when it arrives.
This is crazy. I pre-ordered in late October! I wonder if they have some region based prioritization schedule? Like maybe the Western US region sales were higher, so yours will be delivered later whereas in whatever Mid/East-US region I'm in there were fewer so I'll get mine first despite quite a large difference in time frames?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just heard back from Volvo. I pre-ordered on June 3. My car is now expected to be at my dealership between 3/24 and 4/21, so apparently the delays are real and/or they are fulfilling more European orders than they expected. In an event, I'll be happy when it arrives.

How is that, what did you order? My C40 order was October 9 and I was told early January build with February delivery? You have me nervous now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How is that, what did you order? My C40 order was October 9 and I was told early January build with February delivery? You have me nervous now.
I ordered in Fjord Blue with matching blue interior and the retractable tow hitch. I was originally told late November build date with delivery by end of December at earliest. Not sure if the tow hitch option is the delay...

I've asked Volvo for clarification on what the holdup was.. waiting to hear back.. Not sure they will tell me anything... we'll see.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ordered in Fjord Blue with matching blue interior and the retractable tow hitch. I was originally told late November build date with delivery by end of December at earliest. Not sure if the tow hitch option is the delay...

I've asked Volvo for clarification on what the holdup was.. waiting to hear back.. Not sure they will tell me anything... we'll see.
Interesting! When I placed my order on November 8, the tow hitch was not an available option.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You should ask if the tow hitch is the issue as when they screwed up my order they had a Blue on Blue C40 that was avialbel for early December. They seems to have very precise builds in the pipeline and if one thing is off then you wait. Would be nice for them to tell you that maybe making a change gets you the car sooner.

·
Registered
484 Posts

I didn't think the retractable tow hitch was available for North America as it is not legal?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tow hitch IS legal in the US..

"A 1 1/4 Class 2 Square profile Trailer hitch especially introduced for the North American market."

see more:

More clarification about my order and the delays, straight from Volvo:
Rectangle Font Paper product Document Number

and their response:

Font Screenshot Number Circle Document

·
Registered
24 Posts
Volvo also offers a fixed tow bar for the C40 as an accessory in the U.S.: Towbar hitch - C40 2022 - Volvo Cars Accessories

I don't foresee ever towing with my C40, but I could see installing just the hitch receiver (no wiring) to attach a bike rack (which for some reason almost never have lighting in the U.S., unlike Europe).

The question is why did they drop the retractable tow bar option in the U.S. after taking some orders with it, and whether it could be contributing to delays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is odd. I’m still being told by my Volvo rep to expect production to start in mid January and delivery in early March. My order date was Oct. 30. My spec is the same as yours minus blue carpet and tow hitch. Maybe tow hitch is the hold up.

Tow hitch IS legal in the US..

"A 1 1/4 Class 2 Square profile Trailer hitch especially introduced for the North American market."

see more:

More clarification about my order and the delays, straight from Volvo:
View attachment 2028

and their response:

View attachment 2029

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That is odd. I’m still being told by my Volvo rep to expect production to start in mid January and delivery in early March. My order date was Oct. 30. My spec is the same as yours minus blue carpet and tow hitch. Maybe tow hitch is the hold up.

Maybe the Blur interior is the hold up. Seems Volvo has allocated so many of different color combinations and I would think the Blue interior is rare.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nope, because I have blue interior and am still being told Mid-Jan thru mid-Feb!

or maybe I snagged one of the last ones for the configuration or something?

·
Registered
17 Posts
We confirmed an order for a C40 (Fjord Blue exterior/interior) for my wife on 11/20, after doing a test drive on an XC40 Recharge. I checked last week with Volvo Concierge and they responded it is slated for January build and February delivery. I've read through this thread and seems like that's going to slide back, but I guess we'll see.

I just found this forum a couple of weeks ago and have been reading about the XC40 Recharge. I'm a bit spooked by the issues I've read about, but hopefully it's not happening to a large percentage of cars. I drive a Tesla Model Y myself and frequent Tesla forums, so I'm used to reading about issues people bring up. The thing is there are a lot more Teslas out there so it's easier to consider the big picture. Hopefully we'll have a positive experience with the Volvo.

Reactions: TomDac and BuzzyBud

·
Registered
451 Posts
@Daizyujin -- we traded in a Tesla Model Y LR AWD for our XC40 P8 Recharge and never looked back. It is a far superior vehicle in all ways, save one: range. Even then, we've found that road tripping in the Volvo is as easy, if not easier (less congestion at DC fast chargers). Overall, my wife says she'd do it all over again if she had to; high praise as she owned a model S and model 3 perf prior to the Y, and prior to the Volvo; and still prefers Volvo > Tesla. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Daizyujin -- we traded in a Tesla Model Y LR AWD for our XC40 P8 Recharge and never looked back. It is a far superior vehicle in all ways, save one: range. Even then, we've found that road tripping in the Volvo is as easy, if not easier (less congestion at DC fast chargers). Overall, my wife says she'd do it all over again if she had to; high praise as she owned a model S and model 3 perf prior to the Y, and prior to the Volvo; and still prefers Volvo > Tesla. :)
Thanks for the reply! I'm only 3 months in on my Model Y Performance, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase.:D I'm not a Tesla fanboy so I certainly hope the C40 will a great car for us. It sounds like you have a lot of experience with Teslas so it's great that you have such high praise for the Volvo. So far I do love the Model Y a lot and it's almost tailor made for my personal sensibilities, but my wife and I decided our second EV shouldn't be another Tesla because that would be too boring. I also thought an EV that's more like a normal car would be better for her. I do look forward to getting the C40 into our household.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
We confirmed an order for a C40 (Fjord Blue exterior/interior) for my wife on 11/20, after doing a test drive on an XC40 Recharge. I checked last week with Volvo Concierge and they responded it is slated for January build and February delivery. I've read through this thread and seems like that's going to slide back, but I guess we'll see.

I just found this forum a couple of weeks ago and have been reading about the XC40 Recharge. I'm a bit spooked by the issues I've read about, but hopefully it's not happening to a large percentage of cars. I drive a Tesla Model Y myself and frequent Tesla forums, so I'm used to reading about issues people bring up. The thing is there are a lot more Teslas out there so it's easier to consider the big picture. Hopefully we'll have a positive experience with the Volvo.
I am wondering if any US bound C40s are being built in December as originally stated. I think many of us were pushed into January as I believe the Ghent plant was going to be closed in early December and then I think they are normally closed for the holiday. Does not seem like many C40 were ordered since people that ordered months ago and those of us recent orders are being told January builds.

• Wow
61 - 80 of 117 Posts