Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, I finally pulled the trigger and put down my deposit for a C40 yesterday! When I was choosing my options I noticed the tow hitch was no longer offered, only the protection kit (mats, license plate frame, etc.), mud flaps, and roof bars were available as options. Did any of you in the U.S. order your C40 with a trailer hitch?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, I finally pulled the trigger and put down my deposit for a C40 yesterday! When I was choosing my options I noticed the tow hitch was no longer offered, only the protection kit (mats, license plate frame, etc.), mud flaps, and roof bars were available as options. Did any of you in the U.S. order your C40 with a trailer hitch?
Yes.. I did. Thought it was cool and the only thing I'll use it for is a bike rack.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Volvo got back to me and said my C40 is due to go into production in early December with a January/February delivery time. Now to decide if a bird in the hand (XC40 due next week) is worth it over 2 in the bush (hopefully C40 in January/February). And of course the tax credit then waits a year for me to claim vs. getting 2 of then in a few months.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just spoke with Volvo and they said my ordered C40 should go into production mid-January with an early to mid-March delivery. I’m also debating if I want to have the dealer request the Sage green XC40 Ultimate that I just put a deposit on to get it before the end of the year or wait. I love that Fjord blue interior, but the tax credit and current XC40 incentives are enticing.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
When did you order the C40? I am in same situation, there is no obligation, let the dealer bring it in and then decide. I love the Fjord Blue exterior, but there is some loss in storage space in the back compared to XC40 as well as rear visibility. Also the XC40 has .99% financing and up to $2K discount, doubt the C40 will have any incentives. Bit the C40 sure looks sweet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When did you order the C40? I am in same situation, there is no obligation, let the dealer bring it in and then decide. I love the Fjord Blue exterior, but there is some loss in storage space in the back compared to XC40 as well as rear visibility. Also the XC40 has .99% financing and up to $2K discount, doubt the C40 will have any incentives. Bit the C40 sure looks sweet.
I just ordered on 11/12, so fairly recently. Right now we can get $2500 off the XC40 plus they still have the ChargePoint offer. I agree I doubt they will have any incentives on the C40. The C40 does look cool and like I said I love the Fjord blue interior….wish the XC40 had that same interior option.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I thought on the XC40 there was no EVSE any longer, just Electrify America 250Kwh over 3 years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I thought on the XC40 there was no EVSE any longer, just Electrify America 250Kwh over 3 years.
We just picked up my wife’s XC40 about two weeks ago and the dealer submitted for the EVSE and we got the code for EA. I haven’t heard anything about the EVSE, but I don’t know if it will just show up or if we’ll get some kind of confirmation first. I guess we’ll find out on that one.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
We just picked up my wife’s XC40 about two weeks ago and the dealer submitted for the EVSE and we got the code for EA. I haven’t heard anything about the EVSE, but I don’t know if it will just show up or if we’ll get some kind of confirmation first. I guess we’ll find out on that one.
And it was a 2022?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I wish the non-leather seats were offered in the XC40. I would order now, but the non-leather is a must-have for me
There is so little leather in the XC40, just the side Tops of the seating areas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Snap .. hadn't considered that there won't be any incentives on the C40. 0.99% APR for 60 months is pretty legit. Does anyone have any details on the $2500 incentive? I might change course and go with the XC40

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
$1000 is for anyone, $1000 is loyalty and I believe $500 is for certain profession (first responders or teachers or something.) That adds up quickly especially with .99% as most financing for 60 months is 2%+. Comes down to is the sleeker styling worth the extra cost. With the unknowns of what market looks like in 60-90 days, rate can go up. Also they are offering wife more than her payoff on her 7 month old T5 and we fully financed that.

I assume XC40 and C40 will ride extremely similar unless they tweaked suspension. I have flipped back on forth on this a few times. The only substantive advantage for me in waiting is it gives me more time to make sure brake issue is resolved before I potentially have 2 cars with brake issues. I do like the C40 styling, but then you lose a tad of height cargo space in the rear.

·
Registered
181 Posts
$1000 is for anyone, $1000 is loyalty and I believe $500 is for certain profession (first responders or teachers or something.) That adds up quickly especially with .99% as most financing for 60 months is 2%+. Comes down to is the sleeker styling worth the extra cost. With the unknowns of what market looks like in 60-90 days, rate can go up. Also they are offering wife more than her payoff on her 7 month old T5 and we fully financed that.

I assume XC40 and C40 will ride extremely similar unless they tweaked suspension. I have flipped back on forth on this a few times. The only substantive advantage for me in waiting is it gives me more time to make sure brake issue is resolved before I potentially have 2 cars with brake issues. I do like the C40 styling, but then you lose a tad of height cargo space in the rear.
Correct on the incentives. The $500 is for teachers, US Military, First Responders, and Medical Professionals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Correct on the incentives. The $500 is for teachers, US Military, First Responders, and Medical Professionals.
You can also get $500 if the company you work for has Volvo discount as a perk.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Well Volvo us a mess. They emailed me 10/12 confirming my Fjord Blue C40 and today they confirmed Fusion Red. They said it is too late to charge,I was like WTF, their mistake and they tell me they need to re-order.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If anyone that ordered a color other than Fjord Blue, if you check your reservation online what color is the car picture in the tracking page? I assume it was the color you ordered.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts