Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update with regards to my order:

Volvo Cars Sweden called me today, informing me about a change to my order due to the ongoing global shortage of semiconductors.
"We've will be forced to deliver your car without one of the promised features", the nice lady said.

Uh, oh, I thought.

Guess what the feature that it won't have will be?

A DAB radio! I literally could not care any less.
And still she offered a 12 USD dollar discount on the monthly fee (it's a Care by Order order) for 2 years for the inconvenience.
That's very good service I have to say.

I took the change and asked about any news on delivery dates, she says it looks like it will be shipped to the dealer in November.

·
Registered
934 Posts
What is DAB radio?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What is DAB radio?
Maybe it's not a thing in the U.S. It was meant to be this "next-gen" radio replacement for traditional FM but as far as I know it never went anywhere. A lot more info here: Digital audio broadcasting - Wikipedia
In the end I never listen to radio anyways, all my music/podcast/books I would be listening through my phone via CarPlay (I know no CarPlay right now but hopefully they manage to get it out in OTA by the time I get the car).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think DAB is similar (not exactly the same) as HD radio... not really an issue for me, as i never listen to radio anymore... Wonder what other things will be affected by these chip shortages.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
208 Posts
Update with regards to my order:

Volvo Cars Sweden called me today, informing me about a change to my order due to the ongoing global shortage of semiconductors.
"We've will be forced to deliver your car without one of the promised features", the nice lady said.
This is the kind of pro-active customer service XC40 Recharge owners have not received. Especially since there were several features that were promised but not delivered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is the kind of pro-active customer service XC40 Recharge owners have not received. Especially since there were several features that were promised but not delivered.
Agreed but I think it’s different since my business relation is literally directly with Volvo Cars directly since I’ve ordered this car through care by Volvo subscription. So they would have all my contact details, don’t have to ask a dealer to do it etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like people who pre-ordered the C40 in the US market are being contacted by their Volvo dealers with a Dec 15 - Jan 15 expected delivery date. East coast, anyway.. I'm on the west coast and am waiting to hear from my dealer.. Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Looks like people who pre-ordered the C40 in the US market are being contacted by their Volvo dealers with a Dec 15 - Jan 15 expected delivery date. East coast, anyway.. I'm on the west coast and am waiting to hear from my dealer.. Hopefully I'll hear something this week.
That’s exciting! Finally some movement. Although a bit sad for me since I ordered in June and still didn’t hear more than “November/December somewhere” 😅

·
Registered
934 Posts
December allows the tax credit to be filed with this year's taxes, January means you wait over a year.

Reactions: TomDac
21 - 29 of 29 Posts