Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it'd be fun to track for everyone who has ordered, to see what delivery dates people get based on when they ordered and so on.

I've ordered a C40 through Care by Volvo subscription in Sweden. No delivery date communicated so far. I signed up last Thursday, June 3.

Config:

Pure electric
Twin motor
19" 5-Double Spoke Black Diamond Cut
Charcoal Connect Textile/Microtech in Charcoal/Fjord Blue interior
Recharge Pro
Fjord Blue

Tonade bakrutor

Kind regards,

Jonathan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Jonathan. What options/choices were available? Here in the US, I believe Volvo will not have many choices for the C40. Top level trim only, but I could be wrong... I'm interested to know what color interior door panels and carpet you would get if you didn't want the blue exterior color. Is the Lava color an option?

I've pre-ordered mine about a month ago, knowing it won't be here till next spring... and I'm ok with that. Please keep us updated when you learn more. Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jonathan. What options/choices were available? Here in the US, I believe Volvo will not have many choices for the C40. Top level trim only, but I could be wrong... I'm interested to know what color interior door panels and carpet you would get if you didn't want the blue exterior color. Is the Lava color an option?

I've pre-ordered mine about a month ago, knowing it won't be here till next spring... and I'm ok with that. Please keep us updated when you learn more. Thanks!

Tom
Hi Tom!

Congrats on the pre-order :) They still haven't given me any updates on the date, their website still says "4-6 month delivery" for new orders and I ordered now almost a month ago. So will be interesting to see.

Only one trim-level indeed. The trim level doesn't really have a name, it just says "Pure electric". Only choices I could make was colour, wheels, interior (3 choices, all black) and optional tow hook and toned rear windows.
For colour interior door panels I could only choose between black and Fjord Blue, regardless of the choice of exterior colour. No Lava colour.

All choices:

Exterior Colors:
  • Black Stone (solid, default)
  • Fusion Red (metallic)
-Thunder Grey (metallic)
  • Fjord Blue (metallic)
  • Silver Dawn (metallic)
  • Crystal White (premium)
  • Sage Green (premium)

Wheels:
19" 5-Double Spoke Black Diamond Cut (default)
20″ 5-Spoke Black Diamond Cut

Interior:
  • City Canvas textile in Charcoal with interior in Charcoal (default)
  • Connect, textile/Microtech Charcoal with interior in Charcoal
  • Connect, textile/Microtech Charcoal with interior in Charcoal/Fjord Blue (blue mats)

Other:
Optional retractable tow hook
Optional toned rear windows

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Jonathan. Interesting. I suspect that's how it will be here too, then. I love the Fjord blue, so that's good. I believe all the marketing shows the car in 20" wheels. Have you seen any pics with 19" wheels? If so, can you post?
I was told by Volvo USA that in Mid-August they would be letting US customers know how they could configure a car, so at least we could know what we'd be ordering. Also, that the chip shortage has caused lots of delays.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, Jonathan. Interesting. I suspect that's how it will be here too, then. I love the Fjord blue, so that's good. I believe all the marketing shows the car in 20" wheels. Have you seen any pics with 19" wheels? If so, can you post?
I was told by Volvo USA that in Mid-August they would be letting US customers know how they could configure a car, so at least we could know what we'd be ordering. Also, that the chip shortage has caused lots of delays.
I actually had the Fusion Red ordered at first, but then I was able to see the car with Fjord Blue with Fjord Blue interior live here in Stockholm, Sweden when it was on its tour and then immediately changed my mind. I fully agree with loving the Fjord blue :) It's so much better in real life as well.
Attaching some photos of the 19" wheels that I have!
If you can live with the Swedish you can play around with the different options and see the photos update live here: https://www.volvocars.com/se/build/c40-electric

Hope those chip delays get sorted out somehow and we can all be positively surprised, as I just today actually received an update in my Volvo Cars app and it says December delivery now. Before it just said "estimate ETA". That puts it after the initial timeframe, as I ordered in early June and it then said "4-6" months it should have been delivered between Sept-November.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks so much! Pics looks great.. I think i like the 20" wheels a little more, but those 19's are nice too. Can't wait for you to get it!! So exciting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my new Sweet Ride (2021 XC40 T4 Inscription) on 5 July. I'm in Australia. The Delivery Date is Mid September

Glazier Silver with Blonde Leather/Charcoal Interior
360 Camera
Climate Pack
Lifestyle Pack
19inch wheels (I think)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exciting stuff!! 😀😀
No news for my order yet, says queued for production with December EtA still.

I ordered my new Sweet Ride (2021 XC40 T4 Inscription) on 5 July. I'm in Australia. The Delivery Date is Mid September

Glazier Silver with Blonde Leather/Charcoal Interior
360 Camera
Climate Pack
Lifestyle Pack
19inch wheels (I think)
Congrats on order but This subforum and thread is for C40 😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like how they call it "Oversized Panoramic" sunroof.

3 features I'm hoping this price comes with...
  • Tow hitch, whether it is the retractable tow hitch like the polestar 2, or the square hitch. The videos that were shown had the retractable tow hitch.
  • Heat pump
  • Heated steering wheel, rear seats, wiper blades

·
Registered
609 Posts
For those taking delivery of your car across the globe (assuming origin is EU), make sure to confirm, verify etc with your Dealers YOUR financial responsibility on the "Destination Charges". The globe is short (and has been short) on liners and containers where sailing schedules have been pro-longed with extended transportation costs. Make sure these dynamics resulting in much, much higher transport costs are not passed on to you like then fold !

·
Registered
934 Posts
I assume since ordering online the negation positions available with the XC40 no longer exist. I was able to get $2K off my XC40. I wonder if that is why they want to go online. streamline process, maximize profits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK.. Volvo email came today. "It’s time to design your C40 Recharge". The only thing to select was what color exterior... what color interior (only 2 options) and if u want mud flaps or the retractable trailer hitch w/2" reciever.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Love simple ordering. What are the interior colors, black and then that blue carpet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Configuration has been set. Now in "Preparing for Production" status... now the real waiting starts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts