Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
372 Posts
The last six updates to the VC app have been "bug fixes and stability improvements." When is VC going to start improving the app by adding new functionality? They know how to add functionality because the app has many more functions for ICE and HEV with the Sensus infotainment OS.

· Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
372 Posts
A major update will hopefully come in Q1 22
all the previous bug fix update was to prepare for the coming update
What I find more frustrating than the lack of meaningful progress is the lack of commitment to specific deadlines by VC. Hopefully I plan on winning the lottery in 1Q22, but I’m not holding my breath it will happen.

I understand you don’t speak for VC, but your post is typical of VC official statements full of non-speak. I’m reminded of a Silicon Valley start-up that talks a good game but fail to deliver the goods. Or, more on point, EV start-up Lordstown Motors, which promised production in 2021, has yet to sell one EV, and now say it’ll start production within the first 2 Qs of 2022.

And where is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?
New functions will be added for your vehicle later this year. For example, the orange Care Key key will get a speed limit designed to help ensure that the vehicle is driven safely, for example if you loan it out. Apple CarPlay will be added to also enable a passenger to integrate their phone with your vehicle.

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
536 Posts
A major update will hopefully come in Q1 22
all the previous bug fix update was to prepare for the coming update
by the way I am working in Volvo Cars
If only there was a way to reach the people at Volvo, who can make a difference concerning their software. This forum would be a good read for them to learn about the areas which need attention. It's frustrating to see so much potential while missing the mark big time. Let's hope that the future Q1 update fixes many of the shortcomings especially robustness.

· Registered
22 C40 Thunder Grey on Fjord
225 Posts
I noticed there’s an email in the notes. I wonder how they would respond to a flood of emails ? 😆
I’ve only had my C40 a week and haven’t had any issues with the app yet my SOC is always on point and I don’t have any problems with climate or lock/unlock…fingers crossed it doesn’t change lol
Light Font Screenshot Technology Terrestrial plant

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.