Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully used the "Timer" feature to turn on climate/precondition the car? I can turn the car on manually without issue, can see accurate battery percentages and lock/unlock, but the timer simply does not work. Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, I've used it maybe a dozen times without issue (latest IOS) - I haven't created any recurring schedules though, only "same day" timers so far.

What happens for you? You can see the timers in the car's interface if everything goes well with the app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I set the time on the app, ensure it is on and then nothing occurs. I have tried it both same day, as well as setting it for the following day (to see if maybe it needed time to register??) without success. I have never looked at the car interface, however. This is truly a 1st world issue and I love the car, but I would love to solve this issue!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I set the time on the app, ensure it is on and then nothing occurs. I have tried it both same day, as well as setting it for the following day (to see if maybe it needed time to register??) without success. I have never looked at the car interface, however. This is truly a 1st world issue and I love the car, but I would love to solve this issue!
Try setting one and go look in the car, you should see the exact same timer there :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see nothing! 🙄 This is a mystery, but I’m sure it can be solved, particularly since I can manually start the car. Do you use the car timer for charging? I leave mine off as my EVSE has a built in timer- I’m wondering if that might affect the app functionality.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I see nothing! 🙄 This is a mystery, but I’m sure it can be solved, particularly since I can manually start the car. Do you use the car timer for charging? I leave mine off as my EVSE has a built in timer- I’m wondering if that might affect the app functionality.
I don't, my wallbox also have a built-in timer, so it's probably not that. Seems like the app thinks the car accepts the timer settings when it doesn't...what happens if you quit the app completly, after setting a timer, and restart it - is the timer still in the app? I would think it reads them from the car on start-up

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I set this in the app just now: (a timer for today at 17:30)

Communication Device Font Rectangle Gadget Multimedia

And walked out the car immediatly after, and this is how it looks there:

Automotive design Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
125 Posts
You could also try adding a timer using the car's interface and see if that works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I spent the morning speaking with the Volvo on call staff who stated they believe this function is not yet available in the US. They are escalating the issue and I should receive a reply which I will share.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I spent the morning speaking with the Volvo on call staff who stated they believe this function is not yet available in the US. They are escalating the issue and I should receive a reply which I will share.
Huh, not available even when using the car's interface for it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does not make sense to me. Using the cars interface, I can see the timer is set when I set it through the app. I can also set the timer manually in the car. Neither starts the car. Strangely, I can start the preconditioning immediately (as long as I don’t involve the timer).

·
Registered
125 Posts
It does not make sense to me. Using the cars interface, I can see the timer is set when I set it through the app. I can also set the timer manually in the car. Neither starts the car. Strangely, I can start the preconditioning immediately (as long as I don’t involve the timer).
I can't say when it started since that is something it figures out itself based on temp, but I can confirm it was running preconditioning at 17:28 when I got into the car and it was nice and warm. So it absolutely works for me (/in Europe)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Timers definitely work in the US, and setting them up from the app has worked for me as long as the feature has been available.

I was going skiing this last Tuesday, so I plugged the car in and set it for 90%, and then later set up a timer through the app for a 7am departure. I left a bit late, but the car was warm. Here's the power graph from the charger:

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Electric blue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts