Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw 5.8 available this morning. It doesn’t appear to have any new features, but it does appear to be more stable. I opened the app and within a few seconds it showed the battery percentage of the vehicle. Previously it wouldn’t show the percentage for quite a while, if at all until you started driving the vehicle.

· Registered
549 Posts
Product Orange Font Line Screenshot

Interestingly there was an update today for BOTH our Polestar app and the Volvo app. While I see the same as noted here (nothing noteworthy?) -- the Polestar app now allows AMP changes right from the app. Not a hugely useful thing from my past personal experience TBH -- but still, nice to see. Also the Polestar app latency seems GREATLY improved today. The XC40 took still longer to sync than the other, but faster than it was.

YAY for improvements! :)

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
535 Posts
New update 5.8 updates while charging within 5 secs of opening the app, that's much quicker than before.
I wouldn't be surprised if Volvo is waiting to get this basic app working flawlessly before adding all the additional data that is already available on other Volvo's.

· Registered
2022 XC 40 Recharge Twin Plus, Denim Blue
48 Posts
One quirk of that charging status: Before I updated the app, my car had reached 80% charge (my limit), and the app showed that. After the app update, it shows my car at 77%. Hmph!

· Registered
876 Posts
One quirk of that charging status: Before I updated the app, my car had reached 80% charge (my limit), and the app showed that. After the app update, it shows my car at 77%. Hmph!
Give it some time. Mine did the same thing this morning but instead of 77 it said 68%. An hour or so later it showed the correct SOC.

Reactions: Ces

· Registered
829 Posts
I was able to get V5.8 for Android this morning...FWIW. Still not showing SOC! :)
Oops, I just checked again and got 5.8 now. It still has the bug where you have to tap the bottom right-hand "person" then the bottom left hand "home" to get the SOC to show up as a percentage. Disappointing, it's like they don't even try the app before shipping.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
Oops, I just checked again and got 5.8 now. It still has the bug where you have to tap the bottom right-hand "person" then the bottom left hand "home" to get the SOC to show up as a percentage. Disappointing, it's like they don't even try the app before shipping.
Great! Tapping the RH “person” icon then back to Home doesn’t do anything for me - SOC% still not shown most of the time. We’re about to take a drive so we’ll see if it updates.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.