Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed the latest App version 5.2.2 and after mentioning it in this forum, ColoradoNative mentioned that after installing 5.2.1 a week ago he noticed his Volvo account had disappeared. So I also went and checked to see if my Volvo acct had disappeared and yes only my Google acct was still there, yet everything was still working well and I'm not sure when this happened.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8
19 Posts
Huh, I just checked and mine’s gone too. But also like yours VOC is working fine (actually it’s been very reliable lately, knock on wood …)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh, I just checked and mine’s gone too. But also like yours VOC is working fine (actually it’s been very reliable lately, knock on wood …)
Actually I believe our Volvo acct gets locked into the system with the cars VIN, but I still added it back into my accounts.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Android phone app just updated to 5.2.3 and for the first time I can read the state of charge.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Today I installed the latest App version 5.2.2 and after mentioning it in this forum, ColoradoNative mentioned that after installing 5.2.1 a week ago he noticed his Volvo account had disappeared.
There is some confusion here. When I posted that, I was referring to the June software update to the car, not the incremental update to the VC Android app. The VC Android app only works for me if the car is signed into the same Volvo account as the VC android app.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is some confusion here. When I posted that, I was referring to the June software update to the car, not the incremental update to the VC Android app. The VC Android app only works for me if the car is signed into the same Volvo account as the VC android app.
My point was what caused my volvo acct to disappear? It was there after the June update since my car was delivered with the latest June update and the only thing that has changed is the VC app. Also my VC app continued to work properly even though my Volvo acct had disappeared.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My point was what caused my volvo acct to disappear?
Mine did this too recently, with no obvious link to a phone app or car-software update. I'm thinking this got reset somewhere on Volvo's back-end servers; basically we all got logged out. Maybe some behind-the-scenes stuff to get ready for their first OTA rollout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts