Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to uninstall the Volvo On Call app on my phone. After reinstalling the app and attempting to pair with my Recharge, my car shows the phone is already paired but the app on my says it isn't. Apparently I needed to delete the device from the phone app before I uninstalled it? Any idea how to fix this??

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the car doesn't show up in the app, I think you might have to do a factory reset of the vehicle head unit. There was a super helpful pdf on this forum that walks thru the pairing process step by step and was super helpful. Let me see if I can find the link and I'll post it here. Fyi, it's not you, the pairing process is pretty horrible.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had to uninstall the Volvo On Call app on my phone. After reinstalling the app and attempting to pair with my Recharge, my car shows the phone is already paired but the app on my says it isn't. Apparently I needed to delete the device from the phone app before I uninstalled it? Any idea how to fix this??
From the Pairing Guide posted in the top "sticky" post on this forum, you'll have to delete your driver profile (likely the owner profile in this case), and start over with a new profile:

HOW TO START OVER AFTER UNISTALLING AND REINSTALLING THE VOLVO CARS APP
Should a customer uninstall and reinstall the Volvo Cars app before unpairing the device from the car, the customer will need to complete the following steps.
1. In the car, select the driver profile that the device was paired to.
2. Navigate to Settings > Profiles
3. Scroll to the bottom and press ‘Delete this profile’
4. Confirm by pressing ‘Delete’
5. Next, create a new profile in the car and repeat the pairing process steps 1-6.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pdf in the first to post here.
Thank you for finding that. I knew I had seen it before but looked right past it. I think deleting my profile is what needs to be done....geez 😔

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
From the Pairing Guide posted in the top "sticky" post on this forum, you'll have to delete your driver profile (likely the owner profile in this case), and start over with a new profile:

HOW TO START OVER AFTER UNISTALLING AND REINSTALLING THE VOLVO CARS APP
Should a customer uninstall and reinstall the Volvo Cars app before unpairing the device from the car, the customer will need to complete the following steps.
1. In the car, select the driver profile that the device was paired to.
2. Navigate to Settings > Profiles
3. Scroll to the bottom and press ‘Delete this profile’
4. Confirm by pressing ‘Delete’
5. Next, create a new profile in the car and repeat the pairing process steps 1-6.
What a really bad way to do this. Volvo clearly has not decent software developers that understand the user experience.

Reactions: Sbrittxc

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sorry people swap phones all the time, to have to delete the profile in the car and start all over is just bad design. Volvo’s answer with factory resets and delete profiles is just bad design practice. They need a way in the app and the car side to resync. Volvo’s shortcuts need bad software development is becoming very obvious in the P8.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts