Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
209 Posts
Remember the VC app is shared by all Volvo models — BEV, PHEV & ICE — and infotainment OSs — AAOS & Sensus — as well as all regions. This update appears to be improvements for Sensus, ICE/PHEV vehicles and the EU region.

Once again, VC shows how it makes decisions that are penny wise but pound foolish. Should not be using the same app for the AAOS infotainment model. People with an ICE/PHEV vehicle and a P8 using the same VC app can clearly see how inferior the AAOS instance is. WTF. While there is functionality for the P8 I’d to see on the VC app ( such as PAAK or charge scheduling), it would be nice to have at least comparable functionality to the Sensus vehicles.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Remember the VC app is shared by all Volvo models — BEV, PHEV & ICE — and infotainment OSs — AAOS & Sensus — as well as all regions. This update appears to be improvements for Sensus, ICE/PHEV vehicles and the EU region.

Once again, VC shows how it makes decisions that are penny wise but pound foolish. Should not be using the same app for the AAOS infotainment model. People with an ICE/PHEV vehicle and a P8 using the same VC app can clearly see how inferior the AAOS instance is. WTF. While there is functionality for the P8 I’d to see on the VC app ( such as PAAK or charge scheduling), it would be nice to have at least comparable functionality to the Sensus vehicles.
To echo above..... imo, the P8 SHOULD have more functionality! The good news is, it has a chance to be comparable to the Sensus vehicles, at least a proven concept there albeit different OS.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I think at some point the P8 WILL have more functionally. When that will be is a whole different question :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was just pre-cooling the Car before leaving work.....and noticed this additional feature that wasn't there before ! The ability to set DAY and TIME re-occurence.....now I NEED to test it out for sure !!

Font Circle Parallel Logo Brand
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
609 Posts
The 2 times I tried to set up a timer via the app, it failed and I got the error "The timer could not be set". lol

To be fair, this was after updated to 5.3.0. I haven't tried again since the newest update.
Even he standard “Start” function does error out from time to time so not surprised if the Timer doesn’t work / inconsistent
  • first test …setting it up to run at 4pm tomorrow
  • then to confirm when it says “…leave by say 4pm…” does it mean the precooling starts 30 mins before and get it ready by 4pm OR it only starts right at 4pm…

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8
19 Posts
Setting the timers from the app works for me but with some interesting bugs:
  • I have to set the timer in UTC, not my time zone (eastern time), e.g. if I want a timer for 7:15 AM, in the app I have to set it for 4 hours later, 11:15 (the time shows correctly in the car)
  • Setting for a date (instead of a day) immediately crashes the app (though I just checked and this option is no longer in 5.4.0)
Finally, the time you set is when the pre-conditioning finishes, so you should set the time you want to leave.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks Shawkinaw for clarifying the pre-conditioning "readiness" time. That was indeed the case. I had set it at 4:15pm when Car was all baked outside yesterday. When I got in few minutes later, I could tell it was indeed "comfortable" considering the outside temp. was reading 95 degrees. Also, the timer appeared to have align with the local Central time. Super excited with this new feature

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going in a different direction just uploaded my I phone to the latest version IOS.14.8 .I lost my phone being paired to the P8 and will not pair as the car does not see the phone. BTW, never was able to get the app to pair to the car as well. Software in the car goes back to March. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
382 Posts
.I lost my phone being paired to the P8 and will not pair as the car does not see the phone.
Do you mean Bluetooth pairing, or Volvo Cars app pairing?

Note - I also just updated my iPhone to iOS 14.8, and everything is still working fine - both Bluetooth and VC app.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have March build
Updated voc app and iPhone to 14.8
Voc still connects successfully.
Will test out Bluetooth later but I am confident it will work.

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
15 Posts
I’m still trying to get anything on the app to work. After 7 weeks all I get is a car with a lock that does nothing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts