Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Video App Now in the App Store

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  spacetitox_5402 
#1 ·
There's one video app now in the app store. Unfortunately for me, it's one I don't subscribe to (Epix). Hopefully others are soon to follow like Netflix, Disney+, etc.

#6 ·
Post a screen shot? Is it showing 16:9 but it's just a small box in the center?

Hmm. Perhaps an iPad connected via BlueTooth to the HK speakers might be a nice option.

#7 · (Edited)
Tried to log in using my Verizon credentials. It puts up a QR code, but using my phone didn't cause it to be registered.

----EDIT

Never mind. QR code worked. On relaunch app shows the Verizon logo meaning I am logged in.

#13 ·
Thanks for this helpful feedback. Can you please share which cable provider you use? We're Cox Cable customers, and while the app downloaded from the Playstore just fine and we can see and hear the trailers (really nice quality), we've been unable to activate the EPIX service via the QR code displayed on our XC40 P8 screen. I've already opened a ticket with EPIX who wrote back to inform me that Volvo electric vehicles are not among their supported devices - why am I not surprised by that guidance? :D

#14 ·
I am using Xfinity. I had trouble activating also. But I kept at it and finally got a confirmation on the Volvo screen after restarting the app. I was then able to watch the trailers. When I tried to watch a movie initially, I got a Restircted Content message. Tried to watch the movie again and got the same restricted content message, but when I touched the OK button, this time the movie started. I guess persistence works. Doesn’t surprise me that EPIX doesn’t know how to do this since it is so new.

#15 ·
Hey, thanks for that info... definitely helpful. No luck yet, other than playing trailers, but I'm working on it - and so are the EPIX support folks. I think you're quite right - this service is so new to this platform that there are some kinks yet to work out.

#16 ·
The web version of the Google Play store is now showing another new video app called "myCANAL, TV en live et replay" as being compatible with my car. It's a French language streaming video app for customers of the Canal+ premium TV channel. I haven't tried installing it yet, and it probably won't be of much use to me since I don't speak French or have Canal+, but it's good to see more apps trickling into the Play Store for Android Automotive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.