41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone said the XC40 isnt on the SPA platform.

Tell them, this is a PROCEDURE developed BY VOLVO, SPECIFICALLY FOR THE VIBRATION ISSUE AND SPECIFICALLY for the XC40 ....... doesn't matter what fkng platform its on!! (it covers FWD and AWD)

I still say the problem is your dealership .... from here on get everything from them in writing, and escalate the issue to VOLVO itself, also in writing. Send them emails, and if you talk on the phone or in person record it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Tell them, this is a PROCEDURE developed BY VOLVO, SPECIFICALLY FOR THE VIBRATION ISSUE AND SPECIFICALLY for the XC40 ....... doesn't matter what fkng platform its on!! (it covers FWD and AWD)

I still say the problem is your dealership .... from here on get everything from them in writing, and escalate the issue to VOLVO itself, also in writing. Send them emails, and if you talk on the phone or in person record it.
I have been emailing customer service and the dealer. I asked the field tech to give me what he said the issue is in writing. He said he had to talk to customer service. Said went to voicemail. He will talk to them though. We will see. I will keep pushing and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Here is the email I just got from Volvo. I responded and said I want an email stating exactly what the field tech told me regarding the torque converter. They are all such liars

Thank you for following up with us.

After discussing with our Field Rep who test drove with you today, it seems he did not feel any vibration or rumbling that is out of the designated characteristics of the vehicle. He did state he offered to test drive another XC40 in the dealership's lot with you that had the same feel your vehicle exhibits but you had declined. Considering our field technician has deemed the vehicle as operating as designed and the feel you are experiencing as a normal characteristic of the vehicle, it would not fall under either of the bulletins you had forwarded.

We have had this case escalated to the highest management within Volvo Car USA and a corporate technician to diagnose your concerns. Regrettably, we are unable to repurchase or replace your vehicle at this time. We have exhausted all resources in an attempt to assist you with this matter. We understand that we have not met your expectations with this and apologize for any additional inconvenience this may have caused.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Reading all the games the dealers are playing made me realize that the only way you guys can solve this issue is to find a lawyer for the lemon law. Most would do a contingent fee so no expense on your part if the lawyer takes your case.

Remember, the technical bulletin about the vibration is Volvo admitting that a problem exist. So you already won.

Stop messing around, get a lawyer like this one Volvo Lemon Law Info, Free Volvo Lemon Law Help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now that I am at about 1600 miles, my vibrations are almost gone. A good road force balance should take care of the rest.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is just a testing schedule - no indicator there is an issue. Just the methodology for conducting a test reported by the customer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is just a testing schedule - no indicator there is an issue. Just the methodology for conducting a test reported by the customer.
YES, exactly! Its a test procedure for the named issue when the customer complains about it. The service techs are to follow this procedure for the complaint.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
YES, exactly! Its a test procedure for the named issue when the customer complains about it. The service techs are to follow this procedure for the complaint.
Yet, they wouldnt test mine. Said the vibration is normal. Spoke to a lawyer. He said I have great documentation and the service bulletin definitely helps but he wants me to go to a 3rd dealership and an independent transmission place to see if they think there is an issue and how much it would cost to fix it. Im just starting to feel like giving up on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yet, they wouldnt test mine. Said the vibration is normal. Spoke to a lawyer. He said I have great documentation and the service bulletin definitely helps but he wants me to go to a 3rd dealership and an independent transmission place to see if they think there is an issue and how much it would cost to fix it. Im just starting to feel like giving up on it.

PLEASE don't give up .... i feel for you but strong arming and ignoring customers is complete BS.

A third opinion would solidify your case. Also you might want to put it on a Dyno and see if it vibrates at speed. If they are contending that its merely the bumps on the road that you are feeling, then there is no smoother surface than a Dyno. The shop will probably do it for free if you explain the situation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
PLEASE don't give up .... i feel for you but strong arming and ignoring customers is complete BS.

A third opinion would solidify your case. Also you might want to put it on a Dyno and see if it vibrates at speed. If they are contending that its merely the bumps on the road that you are feeling, then there is no smoother surface than a Dyno. The shop will probably do it for free if you explain the situation.
They are saying its normal vibration from ""the torque converter in lockup mode dependng on the load"

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are saying its normal vibration from ""the torque converter in lockup mode dependng on the load"

The FACT is that it only happens on some XC40's!! That makes it NOT NORMAL.

If you exhaust every reasonable and possible fix but still have an issue and especially one that might be of importance regarding safety then you have your Lemon Law assist.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The FACT is that it only happens on some XC40's!! That makes it NOT NORMAL.

If you exhaust every reasonable and possible fix but still have an issue and especially one that might be of importance regarding safety then you have your Lemon Law assist.
Wish they had as much common sense as you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

I asked aboutthe Dyno.. No Dyno machine. He said its unsafe.. LOL

41 - 60 of 70 Posts