Volvo XC40 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
355 Posts
I drove the car and had some traffic. Friday evening time. I did use the Reset Network function and worked perfect. It deletes all Bluetooth paired devices. It is a great function overall. Happy about it. The reset was not really necessary but I want to try.
  • The car seems to be more efficient but I have to drive more to confirm.
  • Network looks fine and I feel it switch faster between the cells at the areas.
  • I can`t say anything about the pilot. Super heavy Christmas traffic with hillbillies flying around is just not possible to engage it and play to see if there are any differences.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
246 Posts
I drove the car and had some traffic. Friday evening time. I did use the Reset Network function and worked perfect. It deletes all Bluetooth paired devices. It is a great function overall. Happy about it. The reset was not really necessary but I want to try.
  • The car seems to be more efficient but I have to drive more to confirm.
  • Network looks fine and I feel it switch faster between the cells at the areas.
  • I can`t say anything about the pilot. Super heavy Christmas traffic with hillbillies flying around is just not possible to engage it and play to see if there are any differences.
You said 'deletes all Bluetooth paired devices' , does that mean you had to pair all 3 keys again?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Our new XC40 has 1.8.1 and my wife’s has 1.8. I guess I will see first hand if one has issues over the other.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I tried 1.8's pilot assist yesterday. It seemed to be a little more positive in keeping the car centered in the lane than before, and I could feel small quick steering corrections in the wheel that I don't remember from 1.7 or before.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I tried 1.8's pilot assist yesterday. It seemed to be a little more positive in keeping the car centered in the lane than before, and I could feel small quick steering corrections in the wheel that I don't remember from 1.7 or before.
interesting. mine is without a doubt far worse than before the update.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You said 'deletes all Bluetooth paired devices' , does that mean you had to pair all 3 keys again?
Network reset deleted my wife profile. Only mine is there. Her key and Google account are missing. Have to make it again.
I am afraid that all the keys except for the admin account have to be paired again.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Our new XC40 has 1.8.1 and my wife’s has 1.8. I guess I will see first hand if one has issues over the other.
Any difference between the cars that we can figure why some get 1.8 and others 1.81?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Any difference between the cars that we can figure why some get 1.8 and others 1.81?
Nothing that I’m noticing, but I only drove my XC40 home from the dealer and attempted to drive a few miles today.

When I went to drive about 4 miles away with my XC40 today, I lost all cell signal/GPS with the 1.8.1 software. The passenger rear door also wouldn’t open, so I couldn’t get my daughter out of the car. The door wouldn’t open with the interior doors or exterior handle. I tried locking/unlocking and turning child lock on/off, but it still won’t open. I reset the head unit and it’s been locked for about the last 7 hours. I’ll leave it locked overnight and check it tomorrow.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
630 Posts
Presumably 1.8.1 is an incremental dealer-only upgrade? Dealers have always had the ability to install individual modules updates, in-between major OTA releases. But this is the first time I've seen an incremental update given an actual version number.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
301 Posts
It has been stated in the past that the VIDA system has access to the most recent software updates that have been released. Whereas, OTA rollouts are a grouped accumulation of updates worthy of being deployed on a periodic schedule. 1.8.1, 1.8.2, etc will be available in the next OTA version 1.9.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
630 Posts
It has been stated in the past that the VIDA system has access to the most recent software updates that have been released. Whereas, OTA rollouts are a grouped accumulation of updates worthy of being deployed on a periodic schedule. 1.8.1, 1.8.2, etc will be available in the next OTA version 1.9.
That's my understanding. Putting things in "Windows" terms: dealers can install individual hotfixes - but as consumers, we have to wait for periodic "Service Pack" rollups to install ourselves.

·
Registered
264 Posts
my sunroof would not open today. in trying to open it, it made a clunking noise, but nothing happened. i locked the car and let it get its dang sleep and wallah, its working again. this car and its sleep...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nothing that I’m noticing, but I only drove my XC40 home from the dealer and attempted to drive a few miles today.

When I went to drive about 4 miles away with my XC40 today, I lost all cell signal/GPS with the 1.8.1 software. The passenger rear door also wouldn’t open, so I couldn’t get my daughter out of the car. The door wouldn’t open with the interior doors or exterior handle. I tried locking/unlocking and turning child lock on/off, but it still won’t open. I reset the head unit and it’s been locked for about the last 7 hours. I’ll leave it locked overnight and check it tomorrow.
interesting. my daughter claims the inability to open her door from time to time, but she is also super impatient so i chalked it up to her just rushing and not releasing the handle all the way (she has set a precedent for doing this in other cars). i will pay more attention in the future.

having the doors locked when they should be unlocked is a troubling problem.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

When I went to drive about 4 miles away with my XC40 today, I lost all cell signal/GPS with the 1.8.1 software. I reset the head unit and it’s been locked for about the last 7 hours. I’ll leave it locked overnight and check it tomorrow.
Disappointed they still have LTE/GPS issues.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
my sunroof would not open today. in trying to open it, it made a clunking noise, but nothing happened. i locked the car and let it get its dang sleep and wallah, its working again. this car and its sleep...
I really am curious how many people have all these quirks that are not on forums. Curious when they will roll AAOS to other models as they have get overwhelmed with Recharge and XC60. I find the deep sleep has more issues than not.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

That is a huge safety issue :( even if it works in the morning the fact it happened if bad.

Rarely have anyone in the back of mine so I wonder how often it is happening and I do not notice? Will start opening the doors every time I park to see if they fail.

Did you do anything else when you parked?
Initial child locks on?
Did kid try and unlock with child locks on?
Did kid try h lock as you disabled child locks?

Basically what did you do before the door came back as locked (had entered the fail state).

Cheers

·
Registered
355 Posts
Network reset deleted my wife profile. Only mine is there. Her key and Google account are missing. Have to make it again.
I am afraid that all the keys except for the admin account have to be paired again.
OK, it's things are getting weird now. After I reset the network paired phones were gone. After the car didn't switch to wife's profile and I assumed it is gone. It is not. Everything is there along with assigned keys. Just the car didn't want to switch. More of it the parking sensors does not make sounds from time to time. Anyway will drive for now and see what happens.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is a huge safety issue :( even if it works in the morning the fact it happened if bad.

Rarely have anyone in the back of mine so I wonder how often it is happening and I do not notice? Will start opening the doors every time I park to see if they fail.

Did you do anything else when you parked?
Initial child locks on?
Did kid try and unlock with child locks on?
Did kid try h lock as you disabled child locks?

Basically what did you do before the door came back as locked (had entered the fail state).

Cheers
I agree. I had to climb in from the driver’s side to get her out of her car seat since she’s 3.5 years old, which was a huge PIA.

I picked the car up Friday night and cleaned the inside of it. All doors worked fine. The door also worked fine Saturday morning and I got her in her car seat no problem. We then went to drive to town and the GPS had me driving all over the place, then it completely went out. It said trying to find GPS on the map on the combi meter, then I noticed the cell signal was out. My daughter can’t reach the door handle, so she wasn’t Able to touch/do anything. When we got to our destination about 5 minutes later the passenger rear door wouldn’t open. All other doors worked fine and that’s when I started playing with things to get her out without success.

The XC40 has about 30 miles on it and I’ve had GPS/LTE failure and the passenger rear door won’t open. I had instant regret for trading in my Tesla on Friday for this XC40. My wife’s XC40 has about 2000 miles on it in 1.5 months and has been pretty rock solid.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I agree. I had to climb in from the driver’s side to get her out of her car seat since she’s 3.5 years old, which was a huge PIA.

I picked the car up Friday night and cleaned the inside of it. All doors worked fine. The door also worked fine Saturday morning and I got her in her car seat no problem. We then went to drive to town and the GPS had me driving all over the place, then it completely went out. It said trying to find GPS on the map on the combi meter, then I noticed the cell signal was out. My daughter can’t reach the door handle, so she wasn’t Able to touch/do anything. When we got to our destination about 5 minutes later the passenger rear door wouldn’t open. All other doors worked fine and that’s when I started playing with things to get her out without success.

The XC40 has about 30 miles on it and I’ve had GPS/LTE failure and the passenger rear door won’t open. I had instant regret for trading in my Tesla on Friday for this XC40. My wife’s XC40 has about 2000 miles on it in 1.5 months and has been pretty rock solid.
Must of been horrible. A parent unable to get to their child is a primordial fear. I have started testing my passenger doors to see if it happens.

I guess car needs to go into service but as it is not showing the behavior now I would be amazed if they could do anything.

I wonder if our car keeps an internal event log. Considering how many problems are software a debug log would be be very handy.

221 - 240 of 277 Posts