Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon my first charging event after installing v.1.7, I notice that the charging speed is about 5 mi/hr less than before v.1.7. I have always had a 27 mi/hr speed and now it's 22. Has anyone else noticed a reduction?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Is this with the same soc?

Did you have the same temperature of battery (how long did you drive before charge + weather changes).

Did you tell it you were going to a charging station so it could prep the battery?

Was it the same charging station?

There are alas a lot of variables.

Wait I am thinking of high speed charging. If this is home charging is it not meant to be Independent of soc? If home charging I assume it is somewhat iso temperature so … a lot less variables :)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge | Bursting Blue
24 Posts
Upon my first charging event after installing v.1.7, I notice that the charging speed is about 5 mi/hr less than before v.1.7. I have always had a 27 mi/hr speed and now it's 22. Has anyone else noticed a reduction?
You need to give us more details on the charging setup. At home? Away? What EVSE are you using? What is the charging amperage readout on the dash?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Details: All charging setups the same -- At home w/40A Grizzl-e EVSE. Same weather/temp. conditions. Only differences are the SW updates on VC (5.6.0) and P8 (1.7).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might add that the SOC is also unchanged -- I charge from 20's to 80%. After about a dozen such charges that I've had the P8, I also experienced for the first time where the charge did not stop at 80% -- it went to 81%. No big deal, but interesting.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
219 Posts
I assume that you are reading the speed on the instrument panel display and the car is on. Could it be that your heater is also on using up a portion of the power?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
On the heater note I was shocked by how much power the heater uses … I managed to get to 121kW/100mile. I went back to my heated steering wheel and seat they are so much cheaper.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assume that you are reading the speed on the instrument panel display and the car is on. Could it be that your heater is also on using up a portion of the power?
Correct, reading the speed on the inst. panel. Good thought on the heater. That's a possibility. I will check that next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts