Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this interesting announcement from June 2019 on ChargePoint's website:

My first thought was 'Great! I can use my $500 ChargePoint balance to charge at EA stations', as there are no ChargePoint DC Fast Chargers on my normal routes.

Well, not so fast. I called EA and the representative was unaware of such an agreement. I was put on hold for a bit, after which she acknowledged that such an agreement does exist, but she could find no process that would allow one to start an EA charging session using ChargePoint credentials. I then called ChargePoint and had basically the same experience with the same result.

I would certainly like this agreement to come to fruition. If you would as well, perhaps you too can contact EA and ChargePoint and reference this announcement. Maybe they'll get to work on making it happen.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I saw that a few months ago but I think it went no where :( so here we are 2 years later …

Charge point works on EVgo but as far as I have managed to find there is no charge point to ea connection. Which is why I got the upgraded ea membership which pays for itself fast.

If anyone knows a “path” that lets us use chargepoint on ea that would be lovely but I am not holding out hope :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for posting this @ColoradoNative. I called ChargePoint last week and had the same experience. Unfortunately, the person I talked with was not motivated to help. He suggested I contact Volvo. I too don't have any ChargePoint charges in my area. I am starting to get concerned that the 2 year exporation date on the $500 credit will come faster than their charging network.

Wayne

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to thank you guys as well for the effort. I came across this same article about the roaming agreement and was wondering why Electrify America didn’t work like Evgo does now. My app actually says the credit is good for 10 years. Where did you see the 2 year expiration?

Brown Rectangle Font Circle Pattern

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I am seeing the 10 year expiration date on my account as well. They must have changed it... or I misread it. Either way, I am happy with the 10 years.

View attachment 1513

Wayne
Got me worried. Checked mine is 2031 as well. And I have used $8. I need to start using it vs ea …or not. Honestly charging the car at least in my area is so darn cheap. 20% to 80% costs me $14.50 on ea.

Driving further in a 60k car to save $14 dollars feels …pointless. Especially as it will take longer as I have not found a 150 charge point or EVgo charger around here (are there any).

Time is also a resource in life and we are lucky enough that time is more important than the Dollar Bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts