Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to update the maps using the USB stick since the car tells me the map update is too large to download.

I copied the map folder for the part of the country I want to update, I put the USB stick in the car and it says "Map updating..."

Then the car eventually goes to sleep and the map update stops.

I tried leaving the car "On" and leaving the key in it and it went to sleep which stopped the update.

How do I keep the car awake long enough to update the map?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was experiencing the same issue. When I would turn the car off, the update would stop. Then when I turned the car back on, it was stuck on update paused.
Once you turn your car back on, wait about a minute, then pull out the USB stick and put it back in. This will continue you update.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Wonder what happens when the car runs out of space

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I updated the entire country map, I got a decent display that showed %complete, and after a stop/shop/restart it actually continued to update!

With the NewEngland-only map, I didn't get this display and only got the tiny (hard-to-see) rotating circle in the very top-right of the display next to the clock seen here so I couldn't tell if it was making progress or restarting each time:

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts