Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested the left USB port today, the one with the white oval around it. Nothing happened when I plugged in my thumb drive, but if you pull down the screen from the top, it recognizes that there is a USB device plugged in. It gives you an option to "Explore" so I tried to play an mp3 file from the thumb drive. Nothing happened when I tapped explore. It didn't show any files, but there was a message describing the port as a USB drive for accessing media. So clearly the intent is eventually to allow us play our music or audiobooks, etc. from there. Volvo Consumer Support told me those two ports were only for charging our devices, but clearly this is not correct, although perhaps for now it is. Once activated, that will allow us to play our own music without fiddling with our phones, or even having them with us.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My guess is that we will get USB media browse/play when the car software is updated to AAOS 11 (we're currently on AAOS 10). I don't see USB media specifically listed in AAOS 11 - but it does bring some other "very basic" missing features like Bluetooth media browsing & cover art.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
86 Posts
See if you can find any original-2-years-first-released Tesla owners and ask them if everything was working, fully, completely and correctly when they were the owners in say the 1st 2 years Tesla hit the street. ;);) I knew Volvo was attempting to play "catch up" to Tesla and getEV cars onto the street way too fast. But I still bought one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
See if you can find any original-2-years-first-released Tesla owners and ask them if everything was working, fully, completely and correctly...
I have 2018 Model 3 where several software features are still hit-and-miss. It's a beta level experience, though I was prepared for it, and I'm expecting the same from Volvo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In other Volvos the USB port with the white oval indicates the port to plug in an iPhone for Apple CarPlay. I'm under the impression that the Recharge will eventually get wireless CarPlay, so for me the white oval seems extraneous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts