Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my C40 listed two installed apps which were ready for updating. I updated both the Android System WebView and the Google Assistant - in the car apps. Once the updates were finished, I noticed an opportunity to participate in the beta testing of the Android System WebView. I signed up for this opportunity. I understand many owners are hesitant to participate in any kind of beta testing of installed software. However, I am drawn to the C40 specifically for the technology. For better or for worse, it gives me an opportunity to learn something new. Of course, I can always exit the beta program at any time. If you do decide to join the beta program, the install needs to shut down various systems, such as AC, so do not become alarmed.

Output device Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget Communication Device
Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Mobile device Audio equipment

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
575 Posts
Someone posted earlier on Reddit that Epix is now available on the C40, if true that is the first video app for the car that I'm aware of. Hoping YT and Netflix show up very soon.
Gadget Font Display device Communication Device Technology

EPIX NOW: is available. Not going to use it or download it now or in the future. I’d love to see Amazon PrimeNow be deployed. It’s got such a variety of options like movies, music, podcasts and all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just for fun I did install. I don’t have an account, but can verify the trailers at least play. First shot is “full screen” second is native View attachment 4824
View attachment 4823
I also installed the EPIX. I have access to EPIX through my cable provider, Xfinity. My wife and I watched part of a movie the other day while parked eating frozen yogurt. It was a fun experience to be sure. I also noted that another change that appears to have happened in the latest update to the C40 firmware is that in the audio source partition on the main menu home screen that the channel name for Sirius/XM that is selected is now displayed as well as the program or song you are listening to. A nice touch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts