Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife dropped her new XC40 off at the dealer last Friday because the infotainment system repeatedly crashes taking the center of the dash down with it. She had picked it up the previous Saturday with the latest software. They returned it yesterday with a new button to send in crash logs when it happens.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My wife dropped her new XC40 off at the dealer last Friday because the infotainment system repeatedly crashes taking the center of the dash down with it. She had picked it up the previous Saturday with the latest software. They returned it yesterday with a new button to send in crash logs when it happens.
Do you mean a physical button added in one of the blank spots?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't see it, I assume it is something on the interface. She said it includes the capability to record a voice message about what was happening when the system crashed.
I am having the same crashes with my week old XC40 recharge. Dealer seems oblivious to the problem. 1)Any updates on this problem? 2)How do you reboot? It has happened 4 times and 3 when when I was parked, so got out and then back in and it worked. .The other event was when I was driving and it rebooted itself after several minutes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are other posts on this. Most people end up getting the computer replaced after a few dealer visits.

To reboot hold in the large button at the bottom of the center screen past when it goes into screen cleaning mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Follow up on my previous post. Took the car to the dealer who updated the software and checked with VCNA, who recommended replacing the IHU as well. Of course that is backordered with 2-3 month delay. On top of that the dealer is apparently closing so I am calling other dealers to get on the waiting list. Nobody calls back. The good news is that it has not crashed so the updates have helped. I have V1.7 now which the dealer installed so I think I will not be required to to the OTA update. I did get the notice that that update would be available soon.;

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Follow up on my previous post. Took the car to the dealer who updated the software and checked with VCNA, who recommended replacing the IHU as well. Of course that is backordered with 2-3 month delay. On top of that the dealer is apparently closing so I am calling other dealers to get on the waiting list. Nobody calls back. The good news is that it has not crashed so the updates have helped. I have V1.7 now which the dealer installed so I think I will not be required to to the OTA update. I did get the notice that that update would be available soon.;
Ouch. IHUs are 2-3 months now! Have you contacted Volvo? Others have done that and then gotten the part they needed in days.

Lemon laws? 2-3 months does not sound appropriate for a new car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
They clearly have a IHU issue. Wonder how they are balanci

To me that delay poses a dilemma. If you really love the car then push to get it expedited and enjoy it while it works. If you are having other issues or feel this is an omen of things to come then leave the car with the dealer and let the lemon law clock tick away to give you some leverage.

If you happen to see my posts about my brakes and IHU issues I have now surpassed the lemon law criteria. I have the paper work all prepped to send whenever I decide what my next steps are. I do have up to a year to file, although the longer I go the harder the case, but I can easily bring it in for the brakes again or the IHU becasue I have plenty of videos showing issues.

The point is, none of us buy/lease a car with the though of not loving it or not wanting it, but circumstances can lead to that changing. It is easier to well document everything and clock the time up with the dealer having the car in service, but it is hard to do that after the fact. In my case I feel a huge burden off my shoulders as now itis up to me. I have a C40 if they can resolve the issues and we are good we will replace the wife's T5. If we get fed up with the constant issues then I will make them buy back the P8 and decide what is next, C40 or Audi Q4. If Audi has some decent colors in the US I would have a Q4 on order already.

What ever you decide keep thorough detailed docs or any correspondence with dealer, Volvo, etc. I have dozens of emails where I sent service manager and Volvo the description of the issue and the video evidence.

Either way good luck, when the car is working it is amazing.

Reactions: SeattleCat
1 - 8 of 8 Posts