Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the update the map battery percentage calculation is way off. I had a 90% charge with 190 miles available when I left. My commute to work is 48 miles. The map showed I would be at -4% on arrival. On arrival I had 67% left. Have an appointment with the dealer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Since the update the map battery percentage calculation is way off. I had a 90% charge with 190 miles available when I left. My commute to work is 48 miles. The map showed I would be at -4% on arrival. On arrival I had 67% left. Have an appointment with the dealer.
I noticed mine has got more accurate the more I drive. Maybe it has to calibrate or something?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is there a way to reset the estimated range of XC40/C40 Recharge models? In Jaguar I-PACE, pressing the brake and accelerator pedals simultaneously for about 15 seconds while the car is turned on (pressing the on button without pressing the brake pedal) resets the range to a default of 260 miles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Prior to my 2022 C40's OTA V2.3 update two days ago, the default view for the Park Assist Camera camera was the 360 degree view. Now when I place the vehicle in reverse, the default view is the rear camera only. I can still select the 360 degree view, but doing so is one extra action that I have to take now that I didn't have to do before the software update. Does anyone know how to make the 360 degree view the default view for the Park Assist Camera?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Prior to my 2022 C40's OTA V2.3 update two days ago, the default view for the Park Assist Camera camera was the 360 degree view. Now when I place the vehicle in reverse, the default view is the rear camera only. I can still select the 360 degree view, but doing so is one extra action that I have to take now that I didn't have to do before the software update. Does anyone know how to make the 360 degree view the default view for the Park Assist Camera?
Are you sure about this? Whenever I go on reverse, I always get the backup camera rather than 365.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am quite sure. Perhaps it is a Canada verses a US thing? My wife even noticed the difference the first time see travelled with me and asked "What happened to the aerial view", as she calls it?
I think we have some US DOT regulation that the camera needs to show the back view upon switching to reverse gears (although some cars will show that view + top-down, which would be nice). It sounds as though Volvo had a market-specific behavior in the software prior to 2.3, but now for whatever reason the software is defaulting to the US spec? Would be interesting to know if this happens for cars in other regions as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think we have some US DOT regulation that the camera needs to show the back view upon switching to reverse gears (although some cars will show that view + top-down, which would be nice). It sounds as though Volvo had a market-specific behavior in the software prior to 2.3, but now for whatever reason the software is defaulting to the US spec? Would be interesting to know if this happens for cars in other regions as well.
I have sent an inquiry to Volvo Canada Support to get their input and will post their response when I get it within a couple of days.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,136 Posts
I have sent an inquiry to Volvo Canada Support to get their input and will post their response when I get it within a couple of days.
Let us know if you hear back. The USA definitely requires rear view camera first (but manual switch to 360 is OK after). Not sure whether Canada had the same requirement...would be interesting to hear from other Canadians here to see what their car did prior to the update. In Australia we have the 360 as default upon reversing, which I much prefer. No regulations AFAIK down under.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Let us know if you hear back. The USA definitely requires rear view camera first (but manual switch to 360 is OK after). Not sure whether Canada had the same requirement...would be interesting to hear from other Canadians here to see what their car did prior to the update. In Australia we have the 360 as default upon reversing, which I much prefer. No regulations AFAIK down under.
Prior to 2.3 had 360 as default view. Has changed now to just rear view as default.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Prior to 2.3 had 360 as default view. Has changed now to just rear view as default.
Below is the response I received from Volvo Canada Customer Care, (so far);

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Volvo. I apologize for any inconvenience. We are diligently looking into your concerns. I will update you as soon as possible.
Thank you,

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Ali
Volvo Customer Care

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is the latest that I received this evening form Volvo Customer Care...... not much help!

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while your case was open. I apologize for any inconvenience. Regrettably,we are not able to remotely determine the cause of your vehicle malfunction. We highly recommend making an appointment with your service dealer to have your vehicle diagnosed

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Ali
Volvo Customer Care

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don’t even have the car yet so sorry to jump in with any misunderstanding: The increase in range being reported after this over the air software update from numerous 2022 C40 and XC40 Recharge owners has me puzzled. The batteries in the older cars have not improved, not even by magic. Is the increase in range an estimate based on increased accuracy in the algorithms? Seems to me that would require several hundreds of miles of discharge and recharge cycles to make an accurate evaluation of both pattern capacity and range after accounting for driving habits, weather, accessory use, and other factors I know nothing about.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have now received this about my camera 360 degree default issue....

Good evening Mr. **

Is it possible for you the get your car to our dealership at any time as per your convenience? I'll have to look at the settings to gain deeper understanding of the concern.

Maybe I can help you on the spot or try to get some rational behind this change.

Regards.

Rakesh Nehete
Operations Manager
Volvo Cars Mississauga.

Let's see if my local dealership can help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was on vacation without my C40 last week, but have been driving all week (50+ miles per day) and still haven't got the 2.3 update...weird. Did they pull it for some reason? Other than going to the dealership is there a way to trigger the update? I've toggled the auto-update off and on a few times as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts