Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge P8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else unable to initiate a factory reset by holding the front defroster button down for 30 seconds? Does anyone know of workaround? I'd just disconnect the battery if it was gas vehicle. :)

I have been unable to see the battery status nor start the climate controls via the Volvo Cars app since taking delivery a month ago. The dealers claim they can't help. Volvo Support instructed me to delete the app and reinstall for a 4th time. However, I now get the dreaded "Unable to connect to the Google servers" error, so I am even worse off (no driver profile). Volvo Support then recommended a factory reset, but as I said, that's not working. Now I have to go back to the dealer which is booked out for month. Is this a common Volvo dealer issue or unique to my dealer? My Honda dealer consistently can get me in within 1-2 days.

I must say I am disappointed in the maturity of the XC40 Recharge software.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Front defrost button resets LTE modem
Press the home screen button for 20-30 seconds to reboot IHU.

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge P8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks He Keith. I forgot to mention I did the IHU reboot several times too. That at least reboots, but it doesn't fix my Volvo Car app issue.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
111 Posts
Is anyone else unable to initiate a factory reset by holding the front defroster button down for 30 seconds? Does anyone know of workaround? I'd just disconnect the battery if it was gas vehicle. :)

I have been unable to see the battery status nor start the climate controls via the Volvo Cars app since taking delivery a month ago. The dealers claim they can't help. Volvo Support instructed me to delete the app and reinstall for a 4th time. However, I now get the dreaded "Unable to connect to the Google servers" error, so I am even worse off (no driver profile). Volvo Support then recommended a factory reset, but as I said, that's not working. Now I have to go back to the dealer which is booked out for month. Is this a common Volvo dealer issue or unique to my dealer? My Honda dealer consistently can get me in within 1-2 days.

-ensure you are selected as admin
-select system at bottom of IHU page -select reset options at bottom of page - factory reset

·
Registered
968 Posts
Heck I have yet to get the app to pair. The app and the car portion are junk and unreliable. A few folks here have gotten it working and others are hit and miss. I gave up for now.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Agree with you completely about the car’s software. If you want to do a full factory reset, these are the steps: Settings>System>Reset Options>Erase All Data (factory reset). It’s something to try if all else fails. I was able to do it successfully in order to pair my phone with the Volvo app. The downside is you have to re-enter all your owner’s data. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts