Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge P8
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else unable to initiate a factory reset by holding the front defroster button down for 30 seconds? Does anyone know of workaround? I'd just disconnect the battery if it was gas vehicle. :)

I have been unable to see the battery status nor start the climate controls via the Volvo Cars app since taking delivery a month ago. The dealers claim they can't help. Volvo Support instructed me to delete the app and reinstall for a 4th time. However, I now get the dreaded "Unable to connect to the Google servers" error, so I am even worse off (no driver profile). Volvo Support then recommended a factory reset, but as I said, that's not working. Now I have to go back to the dealer which is booked out for month. Is this a common Volvo dealer issue or unique to my dealer? My Honda dealer consistently can get me in within 1-2 days.

I must say I am disappointed in the maturity of the XC40 Recharge software.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Front defrost button resets LTE modem
Press the home screen button for 20-30 seconds to reboot IHU.

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge P8
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks He Keith. I forgot to mention I did the IHU reboot several times too. That at least reboots, but it doesn't fix my Volvo Car app issue.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
242 Posts
Is anyone else unable to initiate a factory reset by holding the front defroster button down for 30 seconds? Does anyone know of workaround? I'd just disconnect the battery if it was gas vehicle. :)

I have been unable to see the battery status nor start the climate controls via the Volvo Cars app since taking delivery a month ago. The dealers claim they can't help. Volvo Support instructed me to delete the app and reinstall for a 4th time. However, I now get the dreaded "Unable to connect to the Google servers" error, so I am even worse off (no driver profile). Volvo Support then recommended a factory reset, but as I said, that's not working. Now I have to go back to the dealer which is booked out for month. Is this a common Volvo dealer issue or unique to my dealer? My Honda dealer consistently can get me in within 1-2 days.

-ensure you are selected as admin
-select system at bottom of IHU page -select reset options at bottom of page - factory reset

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Heck I have yet to get the app to pair. The app and the car portion are junk and unreliable. A few folks here have gotten it working and others are hit and miss. I gave up for now.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Agree with you completely about the car’s software. If you want to do a full factory reset, these are the steps: Settings>System>Reset Options>Erase All Data (factory reset). It’s something to try if all else fails. I was able to do it successfully in order to pair my phone with the Volvo app. The downside is you have to re-enter all your owner’s data. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agree with you completely about the car’s software. If you want to do a full factory reset, these are the steps: Settings>System>Reset Options>Erase All Data (factory reset). It’s something to try if all else fails. I was able to do it successfully in order to pair my phone with the Volvo app. The downside is you have to re-enter all your owner’s data. Good luck.
This fixed my issue with the APP.. Sincere thank you for posting..

·
Registered
23 Posts
It won't let me and I'm the admin. I press factory reset, it says Reset vehicle? You won't be able to undo this action. I click Reset and nothing happens it just goes back to the erase all data (factory reset screen). Ahhh. Then a message popped up that said can't find all keys in the car. So my wife would have to be home...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Heck I have yet to get the app to pair. The app and the car portion are junk and unreliable. A few folks here have gotten it working and others are hit and miss. I gave up for now.
I know you're probably the most well-read user on this sub, but I did post a couple of weeks back how I managed to get it to work after many, many, many attempts. Three key pieces were, make sure your vehicle is registered in Volvo's system (have to call them at the 800 number to do that), delete the app on all your phones, then factory reset. Doing it in this order seemed important, as the first time I factory reset I had not deleted the app on all phones (missed one) and it still wouldn't kick in.

Reactions: Ces
1 - 9 of 9 Posts