Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Gas

Lost the lower row of control buttons. Main button does nothing, but I am able to reset. When using CarPlay, bottom row buttons do not work. Jeez ..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So car charged up, but no change in the interface.

NO switching to backup camera.
NO A/C controls
NO home button (except to reset)
NO clock, no settings

Interestingly, the car is communicating with the cloud, as I could see the status in the Volvo App.

The driver's display map works. The google map, music app, phone app all work, but I can't switch between them without a reboot of the IHU.

Guess I need a reinstall of 2.2 from the dealer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you rebooted the IHU, did you hold down the home button long enough? I ask because you have to hold it down until the screen goes blank and comes back with the volvo startup logo.
Oh, I did. I have done IHU reboots so many times since I took ownership, I think I do it in my sleep....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you do anything particular before that happened? That happened to me once pre 2.2 when I tried to change the profile name. I fixed it by opening the settings via Google Assistant and reverting the profile name back to the origina namel. Very odd but it worked.
You sir, are my hero. I had changed my profile name to be blank. I used Google Assistant to get into settings and change it to my name. All good now. Wow. Unreal bug in their software. Thank you so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts