Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Gas

Lost the lower row of control buttons. Main button does nothing, but I am able to reset. When using CarPlay, bottom row buttons do not work. Jeez ..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So car charged up, but no change in the interface.

NO switching to backup camera.
NO A/C controls
NO home button (except to reset)
NO clock, no settings

Interestingly, the car is communicating with the cloud, as I could see the status in the Volvo App.

The driver's display map works. The google map, music app, phone app all work, but I can't switch between them without a reboot of the IHU.

Guess I need a reinstall of 2.2 from the dealer.

·
Registered
Dead '22 XC40 Pure Elec.
88 Posts
Have you locked your car and left it overnight? I read somewhere that also does a reboot of several other computer systems or something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Several times. Google assistant is borked too. Gonna charge tonight and see if it reconnects.
Very odd to have so many issues after 2.2. I checked Google Voice and it works with 2.2 (although I don’t care for Google Voice). Definitely see what your dealer can do. I hope you get it resolved soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you rebooted the IHU, did you hold down the home button long enough? I ask because you have to hold it down until the screen goes blank and comes back with the volvo startup logo.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you rebooted the IHU, did you hold down the home button long enough? I ask because you have to hold it down until the screen goes blank and comes back with the volvo startup logo.
Oh, I did. I have done IHU reboots so many times since I took ownership, I think I do it in my sleep....

·
Registered
21 XC40 P8
80 Posts
Wife had that happen this morning, no way was she driving with no AC. She just jumped in her Lexus and drove that to work because she did not remember the reboot method. I did not realize it for a few hours and when I went out to the car it was working fine. Rebooted the head unit anyway, first issue in 12k miles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you do anything particular before that happened? That happened to me once pre 2.2 when I tried to change the profile name. I fixed it by opening the settings via Google Assistant and reverting the profile name back to the origina namel. Very odd but it worked.
You sir, are my hero. I had changed my profile name to be blank. I used Google Assistant to get into settings and change it to my name. All good now. Wow. Unreal bug in their software. Thank you so much!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts