Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. I found if I lose the GPS and everything else is ok, I can regain it by
1.) Put car in park
2.) Go to control panel.
3.) Got to settings and power off.
4.) After power off, simply turn power on by hitting the pause/play volume button.

GPS comes back.

This may accomplish the same thing as locking the doors which powers the car off.

Sometimes, if the doors aren't locked, there may be a module that doesn't shut down.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Maybe this is the same as locking the doors plus a time period …. Hopefully you have found a better way of obtaining the all power deep sleep state.

I am almost looking forward for a sneers sleep fault to try it on. Only reason I am not 100% sure that this works the same is that I had a problem early on and tried the power off option and it did not fix the problem so I have up trying it. But it was a long time ago and two updates ago so hopefully they have made it do a full power down.

Did you just power down and immediately power back up? Or did you give it the 1 seconds to 10 minutes that devices request to fully power down?

Cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe this is the same as locking the doors plus a time period …. Hopefully you have found a better way of obtaining the all power deep sleep state.

I am almost looking forward for a sneers sleep fault to try it on. Only reason I am not 100% sure that this works the same is that I had a problem early on and tried the power off option and it did not fix the problem so I have up trying it. But it was a long time ago and two updates ago so hopefully they have made it do a full power down.

Did you just power down and immediately power back up? Or did you give it the 1 seconds to 10 minutes that devices request to fully power down?

Cheers
i did the power off and then power on in about 10 seconds. I never left the car.

Perhaps it was a fluke that it worked, but I have done this before for the same problem and it worked.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i did the power off and then power on in about 10 seconds. I never left the car.

Perhaps it was a fluke that it worked, but I have done this before for the same problem and it worked.
Sounds like a valuable tool. I am kicking myself that I only tried it once and dismissed it.

Would be dreamy if we could replace the nap with this as 10 sex power nap!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts