Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

We just took delivery of our new 2020 XC40 and need to install a trailer hitch for the bike rack. I can only find one for the 2019 models. None of the places around us want to order a hitch for the 2019 because they don't know if it will be compatible with the 2020 models. Even the local dealer don't know.

I can't see why it will not fit but don't want to jump the gun and order one if I am not sure if it will fit.

Did anyone install a hitch on a 2020 XC40 yet and witch one did you get?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody.

We just took delivery of our new 2020 XC40 and need to install a trailer hitch for the bike rack. I can only find one for the 2019 models. None of the places around us want to order a hitch for the 2019 because they don't know if it will be compatible with the 2020 models. Even the local dealer don't know.

I can't see why it will not fit but don't want to jump the gun and order one if I am not sure if it will fit.

Did anyone install a hitch on a 2020 XC40 yet and witch one did you get?

Thanks
Hi, just purchased a 2020 XC40 and I have the same question. Did you ever find out if a 2019 hitch would fit your 2020 vehicle?

Since Volvo sells the same hitch part number for 2018, 2019, and 2020 vehicles, I'm guessing that a 2019 hitch will fit a 2020 vehicle. Etrailer.com sells the 2019 hitch for $130. I'm considering taking a chance and ordering it from them, rather than spending 3X the cost to get it directly from Volvo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, just purchased a 2020 XC40 and I have the same question. Did you ever find out if a 2019 hitch would fit your 2020 vehicle?

Since Volvo sells the same hitch part number for 2018, 2019, and 2020 vehicles, I'm guessing that a 2019 hitch will fit a 2020 vehicle. Etrailer.com sells the 2019 hitch for $130. I'm considering taking a chance and ordering it from them, rather than spending 3X the cost to get it directly from Volvo.
Yes it fits just fine. I got the 2019 hitch from Etrailer and it fit. Un-plugging the sensors in the bumper was not so easy as the video shows. You need small hands. I used painters tape on the boby work and was glad I did. 2 People taking the bumper off and putting it back on is a plus too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it fits just fine. I got the 2019 hitch from Etrailer and it fit. Un-plugging the sensors in the bumper was not so easy as the video shows. You need small hands. I used painters tape on the boby work and was glad I did. 2 People taking the bumper off and putting it back on is a plus too.
Awesome, thanks for the quick answer! Can you elaborate on where you used the painters tape?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for the quick answer! Can you elaborate on where you used the painters tape?
I tape the bodywork above the portion of the bumper that needs to be removed just incase I scratch the paint. I am glad I did because I took the bumper off by myself and holding it up while trying to unplug all the sensors was not easy. I had my wife hold it up when I re-installed it so I can use both hands to try and plug the sensors back in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know about Romania, but in the US, an aftermarket part will not void warranty, unless said part is the cause of the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts