Volvo XC40 Forum banner

tow hook

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Ritchie23 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting an XC40 recharge, and towing is manditory for me. Very few of them seem to have a tow hook installed. Does anyone know if this is / can be a dealer installed option?

#9 ·
My understanding (which could easily be wrong) is that there is a difference in the spec for trailers in North America vs Europe. North America doesn’t get the flip down hitch because of this.

I couldn’t find the description of the hitch itself in my manual. Lots of stuff about towing and the towing integrations, but nothing describing the hitch itself. Do you have a link to the hitch description?

#10 ·
My understanding (which could easily be wrong) is that there is a difference in the spec for trailers in North America vs Europe. North America doesn’t get the flip down hitch because of this.
I think you are right. I ordered based on what was presented on the ordering page so many months ago, which showed the folding hitch. I just now dug down into the accessories pages for the tow hitch in the US market, and indeed it's a static mounted receiver, slung below the bumper. Seems like it will reduce road clearance a bit. I'm bummed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.