Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this happening, and/or figured out how to stop the TM odometer auto reset?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Odd I find it only resets when you manually reset it, I wish it would reset on fuel fill-up like my Acura's did. The Acuras have 2 trip computers, A which rests on fuel fill up and then B which never resets unless you manually do it. I wish Volvo did the same. And on the P8 something similar, offer 2 trip meters, one that rests when you charge to your defined max charge SOC and the other that is manual. The auto meters on the Volvo seems to use some magical 4 hour period of non-use to trigger a reset.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Odd I find it only resets when you manually reset it, I wish it would reset on fuel fill-up like my Acura's did. The Acuras have 2 trip computers, A which rests on fuel fill up and then B which never resets unless you manually do it. I wish Volvo did the same. And on the P8 something similar, offer 2 trip meters, one that rests when you charge to your defined max charge SOC and the other that is manual. The auto meters on the Volvo seems to use some magical 4 hour period of non-use to trigger a reset.
In settings a person can set one of the two trip computers to reset manually - once you have this set up you can reset that trip meter by pushing the reset button on the end of the turn signal lever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm watching those odometers more closely now, and beginning to think we might have been hitting the reset (to zero the manual odometer) once in a while when using the turn signals.
I've never had a car without a separate odometer reset button somewhere on the dash not connected to anything else. Having it so accessible and located on something you use constantly (like the turn signal stalk) seems odd to me. Then again, it's certainly a first world problem, and something I'm sure we'll get used to. We're still figuring this car out while enjoying it every day! I still couldn't find the trip computer stuff in settings, and no one seems to know where that 4 hour auto reset comes from.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The button has to be held for like 2+ seconds to reset the trip computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The button has to be held for like 2+ seconds to reset the trip computer.
I thought I remembered having to press it for a couple seconds after getting gas to reset the mileage on the manual odometer, but not as long as to reset the MPG and speed data (though I always do that too after each fill up). That's why I was puzzled by the manual odometer resetting to 0 between fill ups. But again, I guess it IS still possible we've occasionally been resetting it while using our direction arrows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts