·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
334 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
263 Posts
Excellent. Although... my dealer only charged $260+25, so... might be worth asking your dealer first. I'm just glad they're becoming more-available!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also this winter - Michelin's Pilot Sport EV SUV tire should arrive in the USA in 20" sizes to fit the XC40 P8. It's a low-rolling-resistance tire that should give about 10% more EV range than either conventional tire shown.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That is better than I was told by Discount Tire, they told me upwards of $400. But looks like Pirelli finally is getting delivery out, which is about what I was told end of June, 3-4 weeks to see stock.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Also this winter - Michelin's Pilot Sport EV SUV tire should arrive in the USA in 20" sizes to fit the XC40 P8. It's a low-rolling-resistance tire that should give about 10% more EV range than either conventional tire shown.

I ran the P7 Pirelli for about 2 weeks and while not an EV tire it was an EOC tire and I saw no difference in my daily kWh/100mi numbers. If they would make the P7 in the front size I would get those in a second, I loved how they rode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any other opinions for 20" all-season tires? Has anyone used either of the two listed in this threat, or other options?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Was excited then saw it was the 20s not the 19s I have.

Still happy for all the folks with 20s. I do wonder where the best place to get 19s is.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Sweet thanks :) that’s what I have :)

Nice to know if I have a flat that there are options to get new tires. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The problem is the options are all summer tires or mis-matched all seasons.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So these came on my 2022 Ultimate I picked up today... Parts department there had no idea how to order these btw... 20" to be clear.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That is the standard (and only) all season option set for this car with 20s. No one else I can find makes a matched set with out staggered offset. Similar for VW ID.4 with the Bridgestones. There are a few summer tires and I think 1 winter tire set. Your dealer need to look them up, their can get them, but tire rack has then and discount tire can get them as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wanted, and am happy, with all seasons for my area of commute. Was expecting summers.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
750 Posts
Is this the same Michelin Pilot referenced here ? By inserting Car model, type etc, this was the only option that came up from the Discount Tire in my area. Discount Tire is not showing the Scorpio All-Season. Figured it's always good to know who has what tires !

Product Font Automotive tire Tread Screenshot

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The Michelin's will fit, but they are summer-only.

And when I ran Michelin all season AS3 on my Audi A6 I was down to 4/32 in 17K miles so summer would be far worse.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Michelin's will fit, but they are summer-only.
Oh gotcha, thanks for clarifying ! I need to ask the local Discount Tire if they could order the Scorpions if need be..... I've always used "All-Season" tires in previous cars. I guess I'll find out the hard way on current tires come Winter....

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discount Tire can get them, they works direct with Pirelli for mine when I have a damaged tire. Not sure what the cost is as Pirelli comped me a pair of rear tires.Make sure they get the Elect model as that is the EV model.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Interesting....when entering Scorpion Zero on the Discount Tire Search, it says "Does Not Fit Your Car", meanwhile this comes up instead....but only available for the FRONT.....need to see the weight requirement....

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Paper product

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interesting....when entering Scorpion Zero on the Discount Tire Search, it says "Does Not Fit Your Car", meanwhile this comes up instead....but only available for the FRONT.....need to see the weight requirement....
That's probably a different tire. There are like dozens of versions of the Pirelli Zeros.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts