Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a large number of people pre-ordered or purchased the 2021 XC40 P8 with an expectation that this vehicle was actually ready for market. New owners, like myself, subsequently learned that a number of features either weren't working properly or wouldn't be available at all until later in 2021 or even 2022. Like many others, I'm really enjoying this vehicle and have no regrets about having selected it. And as an IT professional with over 40 years in the technology field, I get "bleeding edge", beta testing, and early adopter. That being said, and given how much will need to be implemented over the next year or so by Volvo in order to meet their specification commitments for this vehicle, I would respectfully suggest that they consider rebranding our vehicles as "2021-22 models" and/or extending our warranties by an additional year or year/mileage formula.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
Well said, cannot agree more. It's border-line "false marketing" BUT compared to Nikola, it's absolutely acceptable, a minute inconvenience.
On a serious note, the extension is starting to become more of a "need" vs "want" from my perspective. In my case (and some others have posted as well on Cars spending days at the Dealerships)...... brake pads/rotors issue, almost a week in the shop, only had the car for 3 weeks. This is unsettling.

Software challenges, I'm not as concerned as it's "fixable" for the most part but mechanical issues do concern me at such early stage of the game.

In short, YES to Extended Warranty!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts