Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow rechargers… this may sound like a silly question. But does your p8 have the little plastic parking ticket holder clip thing on the pillar just above the dashboard on driver side? My xc40 d4 did, and I can’t think why the p8 wouldn’t. But it’s not there…

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
225 Posts
Yes, I discovered them after seeing a post here. These slots are located to the left of the thumb wheel for adjusting interior lighting, which is left of the steering wheel (LH drive version).

I have used them to hold my credit card so I don’t have to fumble around with the seat belt getting my wallet out of my pants pocket at the drive-thru. But, I keep forgetting to take my cc when I exit the vehicle. I haven’t parked in a pay lot yet, but I will try storing my tickets there.

·
Registered
XC40 P8 Recharge 2021
16 Posts
I have the slots down below the steering wheel. I think the one we're looking for is on the A-pillar by the windscreen. It's for showing a pay-and-display ticket visible through the windscreen, not sure if pay-and-display parking is found in the US.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I discovered them after seeing a post here. These slots are located to the left of the thumb wheel for adjusting interior lighting, which is left of the steering wheel (LH drive version).

I have used them to hold my credit card so I don’t have to fumble around with the seat belt getting my wallet out of my pants pocket at the drive-thru. But, I keep forgetting to take my cc when I exit the vehicle. I haven’t parked in a pay lot yet, but I will try storing my tickets there.
You are referring to the credit card sized slots in the dash. The OP is referring to a clear plastic piece attached to the a pillar in the corner of the windshield that is intended to hold parking tickets, etc. My XC90 had the windshield holder, but my XC40 R-Design and now the P8 do not.

My first Volvo, a 1985 740 GLE did have that windshield ticket holder.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
140 Posts
Both sunvisors have card holders. Not that they would be visible to the outside though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My US P8 has a plastic clip on the passenger side dash that appears to be for holding parking ticket/receipts. A nice touch as my Subaru dash had a habit of eating them (falling through the front of the dash).

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
Nope... just looked, no clip, just styling. "Never Mind".

Interesting you say that; I've noticed the similarity between the clips on the sun visors and a similar shape on the dashboard ends' vents. Perhaps that's meant to be a proper clip and not just a styling cue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm…upon closer inspection, that appears to be a defroster vent for the side window, but it has a very clip-like grove that holds a slip of paper pretty well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmmm…upon closer inspection, that appears to be a defroster vent for the side window, but it has a very clip-like grove that holds a slip of paper pretty well.
It's a clear plastic clip anchored to the A-Pillar that extends about three inches across the windshield that is intended to hold parking tickets. Below is a pic.

Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive mirror

See this link:

·
Registered
27 Posts
It looks like if your vehicle was made before week 20 of 2020 then you'll have it otherwise it looks like it was removed after that. Mine was made in between weeks 20 and 48, I don't have the ticket holder but do have the under seat storage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It’s so odd what Volvo takes and gives away. it must cost all of a penny.
2005 S40 and 2012 C30 had it, then 2016 V60 CC didn’t.
Now our 2020 V60 CC has it, 2021 XC40 Recharge doesn’t.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It’s so odd what Volvo takes and gives away. it must cost all of a penny.
2005 S40 and 2012 C30 had it, then 2016 V60 CC didn’t.
Now our 2020 V60 CC has it, 2021 XC40 Recharge doesn’t.
See my post above. I bought these for two other Volvos. Cheap and stay on the windshield.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 2022 and it has the slots down to the side of the steering wheel, and also the little clip at the side of the windscreen!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I think I do! I'm in the UK and I think they had made a few changes, probably for the worse, with kit, related to the chip shortage - no reversing camera, sensors only being the most noticable casualty, on my base spec one. Ordered end of May, delivered towards end of July, and the book of spec I was given was for the 2022.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, I think I do! I'm in the UK and I think they had made a few changes, probably for the worse, with kit, related to the chip shortage - no reversing camera, sensors only being the most noticable casualty, on my base spec one. Ordered end of May, delivered towards end of July, and the book of spec I was given was for the 2022.
Is the Recharge Twin the name of the US P8 in Europe?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The name was a bit confusing and then they messed with it! It was called the Recharge P8 here, but now Recharge Twin. That's my base model, thenI think there's the Twin Plus and Twin Pro. Open to correction though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts