Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of my 3rd Volvo, an XC40 Inscription Pro T5 in Thunder Grey with Tan leather - excellent drive and comfortable. My first Volvo was a 360 (1988), second a 340 DL (1993), both superb. Been driving Jaguars since and just sold my Jaguar S Type. We had difficulties getting in and out because of the low seats and also couldn't justify a diesel (not enough mileage now I'm retired). So opted for a Volvo XC40 - great for getting in and out and engine is extremely responsive. Although need to be careful with fuel consumption - found that driving in cruise between 60-70 results in about 35mpg, around town reduces to 30mpg. We are driving to France in two weeks, can't wait to take it on the excellent French roads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
MWOAM50, I'm surprised at how similar we are. I just received my Thunder Grey Inscription T5, with tan leather seats, which is my 4th Volvo. My first three were a 122S, a 264, and a 240 (which I put about 180,000 miles on). I returned a Jaguar XE turbo diesel (lease) and replaced it with this Volvo. I'm also retired, and the main two reasons for selecting the XC40 were the comfortable seats and my wife liked how easy it was to get in and out.

We just picked up our Volvo in the overseas delivery program in November and drove around Germany and France. And cruising on the autobahn and the French highways at 80 - 85 got me around 27 MPG.

Enjoy your trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts