Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
My dealer offered me 50% of the Carvana offer
When I asked him to match it he said it was impossible as Carvana is paying retail prices for cars.
Obviously I sold my car to Carvana
My dealer would not even budge form their original offer. I think you have Carvana and Carmax that will ship cars anywhere scrambling to buy new inventory that is in good condition. They don't get new cars form the manufacturer so they need to get cars to sell them and stay in business. In my case there are no new or even used ICE XC40s in ATL area dealers. so that will drive people to look at the used market where Carvana and Carmax will have inventory for them and if they need a car badly and willing to buy the sellers will make a profit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
We were able to negotiate the trade in value on my wife’s CR-V. Granted it wasn’t a lot, but they still negotiated the value to make the deal happen.

The offer they gave me for my Tesla was actually more than Carvana, which I was shocked by. I wasn’t about to complain though! My XC40 is supposed to be in betweeen 12/1-12/15.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I opted for the animal-free interior options, and in the case of the Performance Pack cars that meant I had to go either black, or slate gray. I opted for the black, since I tend to favor dark cockpit like interiors. I thought it was odd they only offered 1x leather option too, though that wasnt the route I went. But if I had gone with leather, i‘d have wanted a diff color; all the more reason for me to stay with the fabric interior. FWIW, the non-leather interior is of very nice quality!
They are offering animal free interior on the XC40 Recharge? I thought it was only on the C40...
Would love to have an XC40 Recharge but have held off due to the only interior option offered here being leather.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I thought same, C40mis only animal free model. On the flip at least in the states there is so little leather in the XC40. The carpets I. The C40mare supposed to n]be made out of recycles plastic bottles.

·
Registered
321 Posts
They are offering animal free interior on the XC40 Recharge? I thought it was only on the C40...
Would love to have an XC40 Recharge but have held off due to the only interior option offered here being leather.
Thanks.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

@in2insight … i was replying to a question re: my Polestar 2… you are correct that the XC40 still uses some animal inside, and the C40 is animal-free. But, the Polestar 2 has always a been 100% animal free (unless you spec the leather optional interior product). My reply, as you can see from image above, was re: the query about my Polestar not our XC40 (we own BOTH!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 1852

@in2insight … i was replying to a question re: my Polestar 2… you are correct that the XC40 still uses some animal inside, and the C40 is animal-free. But, the Polestar 2 has always a been 100% animal free (unless you spec the leather optional interior product). My reply, as you can see from image above, was re: the query about my Polestar not our XC40 (we own BOTH!)
Thank you. My bad for not reading in full, just got so excited that maybe Volvo actually would offer an animal free interior option on the XC40 Recharge as they stated in the promotional video...

·
Registered
36 Posts
My understanding with respect to animal free interior on the XC40 is that it is coming, but not available on MY21 or current MY22 vehicles. Likely will see in the MY22 refresh/23 options after delivery starts on C40. This is basically why I'm waiting for C40. If I could get animal free XC40 I'd be driving one today

61 - 68 of 68 Posts