Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 61 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
228 Posts
I see the same….the custom order option is completely gone now. It only shows vehicles that are available in your area…..odd.

Even their website has glitches!!! Haha.
They may be retooling the website for the upcoming design facelift. I wouldn't be surprised if those changes come in the form of a late-mid-year change instead of waiting for the 2023 model.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They may be retooling the website for the upcoming design facelift. I wouldn't be surprised if those changes come in the form of a late-mid-year change instead of waiting for the 2023 model.
Didn’t the 2022’s just start getting delivered within the the last few months(2-3 months)? Seems odd to update it already, but who knows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As many issues I have had with the brakes (crossed fingers, appears to be fixed) and software bugs it is a great car. So much so I have a C40 on order and a red XC40 P8 due this week to replace her T5, just deciding which to get.
Did they give you a timeline on the C40 delivery? I'm waiting anxiously to try a tester as soon as any dealer ends up with one (hopefully they will?)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi, is your Polestar cloth or leather interior? I'm surprised that the Nappa interior comes only in tan. I have a young son and dogs so cloth seats really aren't a good option for cleanliness sake but I do love the way the polestar looks otherwise.
I opted for the animal-free interior options, and in the case of the Performance Pack cars that meant I had to go either black, or slate gray. I opted for the black, since I tend to favor dark cockpit like interiors. I thought it was odd they only offered 1x leather option too, though that wasnt the route I went. But if I had gone with leather, i‘d have wanted a diff color; all the more reason for me to stay with the fabric interior. FWIW, the non-leather interior is of very nice quality!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I see the same….the custom order option is completely gone now. It only shows vehicles that are available in your area…..odd.

Even their website has glitches!!! Haha.
Unless they are focused and taking C40 orders and builds. Seems odd that I ordered October 12 and it will be built early December, seems orders may not be what they were expecting or wanting. VW ID.4 is sold out through 22 I believe. Granted, different price point, but I think the ID.4 is sucking a lot of oxygen out of the room since it is a well balanced EV targeting ICE customers. I also thought I read the XC40 Recharge is not selling well in the EU either.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Did they give you a timeline on the C40 delivery? I'm waiting anxiously to try a tester as soon as any dealer ends up with one (hopefully they will?)
I chatted with Volvo last week and they told me it was expected to build early December with estimated delivery of late January or early February.

I expect it to drive just like my XC40 as everything below the belt line is essentially the same. Basically roofline, front end and tail end are cosmetic differences. The interior other than vegan and the dash inlays is the same as well. Makes sense, Volvo needs to recoup as much as they can from parts sharing. I do love the wheels on the C40, it is just a sleek looking ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I opted for the animal-free interior options, and in the case of the Performance Pack cars that meant I had to go either black, or slate gray. I opted for the black, since I tend to favor dark cockpit like interiors. I thought it was odd they only offered 1x leather option too, though that wasnt the route I went. But if I had gone with leather, i‘d have wanted a diff color; all the more reason for me to stay with the fabric interior. FWIW, the non-leather interior is of very nice quality!
I'm happy with non-leather cabins that are imitation, like the XC/C models now have. The tan leather is weird, give me a black or slate or something. I hear the materials in the Polestar are super nice like you say, I just can't picture what really high quality cloth feels like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I chatted with Volvo last week and they told me it was expected to build early December with estimated delivery of late January or early February.

I expect it to drive just like my XC40 as everything below the belt line is essentially the same. Basically roofline, front end and tail end are cosmetic differences. The interior other than vegan and the dash inlays is the same as well. Makes sense, Volvo needs to recoup as much as they can from parts sharing. I do love the wheels on the C40, it is just a sleek looking ride.
For the the main C40 draw are those wheels and the Fjord Blue color. Secondarily I think the rear end looks sleeker but I'd actually rather have the XC boxiness for the sake of space. As long as a rear facing car seat will fit sufficiently I think I'll go C40.

My question is how much real world range and acceleration it will have over the XC. They say only 2 miles but for 6% increase in efficiency I wonder if thats conservative. It'd be nice if it were 230 miles or maybe even more. I'll take every mile I can get.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I don't think they will route it up there as they seem to control inventory regionally. Heck I don't even see the option to order a XC40 any more, I thought they were taking orders for those recently.
Yeah I was talking about going down to GA! I have a navy buddy in St. Mary’s I visit every chance I get, and this is just another excuse 😂

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yeah I was talking about going down to GA! I have a navy buddy in St. Mary’s I visit every chance I get, and this is just another excuse 😂
if I opt to pass on the red I will let you know in AM and ask dealer what option is.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
For the the main C40 draw are those wheels and the Fjord Blue color. Secondarily I think the rear end looks sleeker but I'd actually rather have the XC boxiness for the sake of space. As long as a rear facing car seat will fit sufficiently I think I'll go C40.

My question is how much real world range and acceleration it will have over the XC. They say only 2 miles but for 6% increase in efficiency I wonder if thats conservative. It'd be nice if it were 230 miles or maybe even more. I'll take every mile I can get.
I would guess the C40 vs. XC40 real world efficiency would be barely noticeable and I would expect that at higher speeds. To me the main decision points are the styling and interior space. Then any morale standing on no animal parts, which I like leather, but if the vegan parts feel supple I am good with that. I do wish they offers full leather (or faux) seats, not a fan of the nubuck stuff.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
OK, we sold her T5and added the Red P8 to the family. I must say Bursting Blue and Red Fusion P8s next to each other look hot. I am leaving the C40 on order for now as one never know if my Blue P8 as much as hiccups I will Lemon Law it for the C40.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Thanks. I am still mixed on it. Wife said if I don't like Red she will take it, but I suspect I will like it once it get coating and tinted done.

41 - 61 of 68 Posts