Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
No dealer is $42K and I was hoping he would get to $45K. Carmax is $47K. Taxes are about $4K so selling to Carmax still puts us $1K ahead. When I go to dealer I may try. To talk to them to get to $44-45K. At this point though we may go C40 as we can bank the 2 car payments we won’t have on her car for next 2 months and C40 starts looking attractive again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
OK, red car is in. We are going to check it out later. Dealer will not up their trade in at all so we will sell to Carmax, but now may wait for C40.
Are you selling now and then waiting for the C40 to come in? I’ve noticed trade in values are all over the place…..it could go up or down by thousands in like a week…..nuts.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If we wait for C40 we will sell her car now. We can squeak by with 1 car for a while. We did it last January to June. We each can work from home a few days a week so we just have to plan for coordination for 2 months. The math still is better for the XC40 as who knows what interest rates will be in 60ish days. And other than loyalty I doubt there will be any incentives.

it will depend a bit on how the red looks in person. The C40 in Fjord Blue just looks amazing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If we wait for C40 we will sell her car now. We can squeak by with 1 car for a while. We did it last January to June. We each can work from home a few days a week so we just have to plan for coordination for 2 months. The math still is better for the XC40 as who knows what interest rates will be in 60ish days. And other than loyalty I doubt there will be any incentives.

it will depend a bit on how the red looks in person. The C40 in Fjord Blue just looks amazing.
Take the new recharge red XC40 now and then trade it or sell to carmax when the C40 comes in!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If I were a nasty person I would take the red one and lemon law the current XC40, but she likes the bursting blue, as do I.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Have not passed on the red yet. Went to see it and get final numbers. They will not budge on their $42K offer on her T5 so we go to Carmax to sell it in AM. The recon person is nice, seems to have a ever so slight copper/rust hue. Leaning toward bird in the hand vs…..

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Cloud
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window
Vehicle Tire Wheel Car Grille

Reactions: mike1234

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was told by my dealer if you pass on a car you got brought in from port that the dealer needs to send it back and can’t keep it on their lot to sell….not sure how accurate that is. If that’s the case, you think the dealer would have been willing to work more.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I was told by my dealer if you pass on a car you got brought in from port that the dealer needs to send it back and can’t keep it on their lot to sell….not sure how accurate that is. If that’s the case, you think the dealer would have been willing to work more.
I was told similar, but not sure if they have another buyer interested how that works. Ironically he got 2 Red P8s in, mine and another one for another customer.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
238 Posts
Have not passed on the red yet. Went to see it and get final numbers. They will not budge on their $42K offer on her T5 so we go to Carmax to sell it in AM. The recon person is nice, seems to have a ever so slight copper/rust hue. Leaning toward bird in the hand vs…..

View attachment 1806 View attachment 1807

View attachment 1808 View attachment 1809
I love the red - and yes, in certain light it has that nice burnt orange/copper hue. Really changes a lot in various light conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We own both a 2022 Polestar 2 as well as a 2021 XC40 P8 Recharge. I’d place the cabin noise as quick similar to each other. My Polestar came with the 20” wheels with summer/performance tires (Performance Pack) which make more noise than the all season tires on the XC40. I’ve already swapped to snow tires, so those are equally noisy. But even in stock guise, I’d say they are identical.

All your other questions seem answered, but a few other points I’ll quickly make. We owned a Tesla model 3 Performance for 49k miles, and a Tesla Model Y LR AWD for 10k miles. In both cases, while those cars were faster or more efficient, the Volvo is the preferred option. Handling-wise the PP Polestar is better over rough roads, but corners as good or better than the M3P, all with better build quality and comfort, and just feeling like the superior vehicle. Same goes for the model Y which felt like a tin-can even being a 2020 model year. We’ve never looked back— the CMA platform Polestar/XC40 are great vehicles, and in electric form they may not be segment leaders in range/efficiency but they have so many other perks that more than offset this. Cheers!
Hi, is your Polestar cloth or leather interior? I'm surprised that the Nappa interior comes only in tan. I have a young son and dogs so cloth seats really aren't a good option for cleanliness sake but I do love the way the polestar looks otherwise.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I love the red - and yes, in certain light it has that nice burnt orange/copper hue. Really changes a lot in various light conditions.

Call me old school, but I prefer my car color to look the same at all angles and all lighting. The Glacier Silver is the worst for tricking the eyes. It looks white in many situation, then in others it has a nice hue and color.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I am in Michigan, but I travel quite a bit. Probably have enough points to get wherever for pretty cheap/quick

Yeah I don't think they will route it up there as they seem to control inventory regionally. Heck I don't even see the option to order a XC40 any more, I thought they were taking orders for those recently.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah I don't think they will route it up there as they seem to control inventory regionally. Heck I don't even see the option to order a XC40 any more, I thought they were taking orders for those recently.
I see the same….the custom order option is completely gone now. It only shows vehicles that are available in your area…..odd.

Even their website has glitches!!! Haha.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts