Volvo XC40 Forum banner

They just don't build them....

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  rudypetter 
#1 ·
Like they used to, or maybe I should say no-one beats the Japanese for build quality IMO.

Driving the new P8 today and on some turns I hear something moving around in the dash. A little later I stop and a bolt falls from inside the dash to the floor.

And is it me of is the Volvo paint a little heavy on the orange peel.

• Wow
Reactions: improvius
#3 ·
I will be happy if this is the only thing that happens with this car. I am holding the bolt, but not planning on a dealer visit. Heck they would likely need to rip the dash apart to see where it is missing from and then I will probably have non-stop squeaks.

Only have 4 miles on the new P8 keeping fingers crossed.

#4 ·
I think the build issues are affecting all manufacturers. Due to COVID, staffing and components were compromised, but the expectation of deliveries were the same.
TBH, I prefer to deal with this issues via Volvo than other car makers. They have a much higher customer appreciation and will do more to keep you happy.

Reactions: scottnatte123
#5 ·
Agreed on the customer service side. It is the main reason I did not file lemon law and purchased a second P8. Then again in a month or 2 I may be kicking myself.

#6 ·
We had some issues with my wife’s Buick, every time we brought the car they said sorry we can’t reproduce. They were not even taking the car out. We had to force the technician to drive with her until he saw what was happening. Car had to stay for a week and they didn’t even provide a loaner.
Similar experiences with Mazda and Nissan.

#7 ·
Have you followed the build quality issues Boeing has been having … at least our cars do not fly …

Build quality in almost everything mass produced is why I do not a) want a flying car or b) want to live in the city when there are flying cars falling from the sky.

#8 ·
I watched a great Frontline on the 737 MAX, issues and shortcuts they took. No thanks, I will avoid getting on a 737 MAX if at all possible, even if that means changing flights or airlines.

#11 ·
Like they used to, or maybe I should say no-one beats the Japanese for build quality IMO.

Driving the new P8 today and on some turns I hear something moving around in the dash. A little later I stop and a bolt falls from inside the dash to the floor.

And is it me of is the Volvo paint a little heavy on the orange peel.
If you find out where they are from please tell us. Mine have a sound that comes from behind the steering wheel. It only happens one some types of asphalt, but it seems like something is loose there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.