Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now this would be a nice upgrade. The 20's look amazing but even the 19's are pretty nice. Based on the specs, looks they should fit the P8. I would be tempted to get those 20's for the summer and use the stock XC40 19's for the winter.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like these, looks like they will fit the XC40, but the C40 looks like it will have V rated rites, wow, another set of unique hard to get tires. Looks like the C40Would like to see a side by side 22 XC40 vs. C40 as far as features and cost.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Wow, I see that the stock 20" XC40 wheels cost $750-950 each! For half that money there are a lot of other great choices.
Curious what is available for the Volvo in the staggers sizes we need and the proper bolt pattern and offset.

what I found interesting is the note that says if wheel dimension is charged the car needs the software update. I would have thought the overall wheel/tire diameter would be the same regardless if 19 or 20.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Curious what is available for the Volvo in the staggers sizes we need and the proper bolt pattern and offset.

what I found interesting is the note that says if wheel dimension is charged the car needs the software update. I would have thought the overall wheel/tire diameter would be the same regardless if 19 or 20.
I think if we wait a year or so, there will be plenty of choices listed. Right now the databases have XC40 P8 listed but no wheels matched.
There would be no recalibration or software needed if keeping the same wheel spec as OEM. I think the note is for people who are going +1 or +2 on wheel diameter and can't find a tire to exactly match the OEM rolling diameter.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
What I find interesting is that for the C40 and the XC40 20 inch wheels they recommend V-series tires, yet the car comes with H-Series tires.

Since Volvos are limited to 112mph, it's more a matter of what tire spec is available than what spec is necessary. H is good for 132mph, V 149mph.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ah good point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts